Attire & Accessories Forum

What type of bustle is this?

I CANNOT figure it out and my aunt who is doing my alterations (and has been doing this for a long time) didn't immediately know how she wanted to go about it!  Any ideas would be wonderful!

Re: What type of bustle is this?

• Looks like a French bustle.

But with your style dress you could also do a side bustle.

Here is a link with a bunch of different styles...CLICK

• edited August 2015
    Yeah that's a French bustle.

ETA: I think French bustles are lovely. My wedding dress is all lace and will be bustled that way. However, if you do not like it (can't tell from your post if you do or not), speak up! I should also add that French bustles are more difficult to bustle because there are several different ties rather than just 2 or 3.

• Thanks!! It just doesn't look like any French bustles I've seen, I can't find any pictures of French bustles that look like that! I absolutely LOVE the bustle like this which is funny because when I bought my dress I thought I liked the side swept bustle like @maggie0829 also suggested. Thank you!
  • My dress was very similar and I had a side bustle. But, I'm glad you found something you like.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards