Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hello I am new here and have a few questions please feel free to comment :)

Re: Hello I am new here and have a few questions please feel free to comment :)

• Options

I don't even care what that word means.

ALL I DID WAS ASK FOR ADVICE AND I GOT ATTACKED SO HOW ABOUT YA'LL JUST LEAVE ME ALONE 

• Options
    Wait! Don't go! I can help you!!!! 

• Options
    Guys... she thinks she got "attacked." RLOL

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @labro wins at the internet today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

@labro - I started off with trying to answer the questions and then stopped because I got all worried I wouldn't be funny. I'm glad I didn't. Your answers were way better. ;)

Although I personally believe the bride and groom should have NOTHING to do with the wedding, including cocktail hour.

• Options
    AlPacina said:

@labro - I started off with trying to answer the questions and then stopped because I got all worried I wouldn't be funny. I'm glad I didn't. Your answers were way better. ;)

Although I personally believe the bride and groom should have NOTHING to do with the wedding, including cocktail hour.

You're right. They should be getting it on in the back room, duh! Gotta consommate!

• Options
    @LaBro - just when I didn't think I could love you more than I already do.image

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @labro - An oldie but a goodie for you.  

• Options

Let me start by saying Hello!!! and thank you for taking the time to read this. My boyfriend and I have recently went and picked out a engagement ring and I can't wait for him to pop the question!!

I have started a Wedding Binder filling it with all the things I want for our Wedding such as gift ideas and dress and soooo much more, even though in reality I know I won't get most of it lol but I'm happy either way.

I have a few questions and please let me know what you think....

1) I have found the dress I want but it is from an online store.. what do you think? It's under $200 and I think it is absolutely beautiful but I'm worried because I have heard not to order online...

I wouldn't risk it.  If you have a David's Bridal near you & cost is a concern, they run a constant $99 sale, just changing out which dresses are $99.  Once you're engaged, go take a look.

2) When do you do cocktail hour? Do the Bride and Groom get to go or is it for guest only?

Cocktail hour is post-ceremony, pre-reception.  Traditionally, the bride and groom and bridal party do their photos then, so they often miss half or all of the cocktail hour, but ours had such awesome food we didn't want to miss it, so we did a "first look."  That allowed us to meet up before the ceremony, all dolled up, and the photographer got 99% of the formal photos then.  That way, we didn't have to miss a second of the post-ceremony party.

3) If the tradition is to not see the Bride the day of the wedding... But you live together... Do you just split at the venue and go your own way... or do you sleep somewhere else?

Some couples have one or the other person sleep at their parents' or a friend's house the night before, but we just stayed home & then he took a hike and went to the venue or wherever when my hairdresser came to do my hair & I did my makeup.  My sister & BIL came to pick me up and bring me to the venue, since it'd be silly to have two cars to bring back at the end.

4) When is the ideal time to throw your bridal shower? A week ahead? or sooner? I don't really want to do it the night before just incase I have a drink or two..

I think you're confusing bridal shower and bachelorette party.  A bridal shower is the party, often a brunch or lunch, when you're "showered" with gifts from friends and family.  The bachelorette party is the female answer to the bachelor party, when you go out with friends to party.  My shower was about 3 months before my wedding, and my bachelorette party about a month before.

However, with either of these parties, YOU don't throw them.  They're gifts, and if other people would like to throw them for you, they do so.  It's not something you host or even assign someone else to host.  Some people have both, some have one or the other, some have neither.  All those outcomes are perfectly ok.

5) Should I put "Plus 1 " on the invites? I was trying to think who I was going to invite and 35 people turned into 70 the moment I considered doing that...

If anyone's in any sort of relationship, the significant other should be invited.  If someone's really, truly single and they'd just be finding a date to bring, then you don't have to invite them with a +1.

6) We are on a tight budget because we are also trying to get a house, should I have my bridesmaids and maid of honor buy their own dress?

I think tradition is different in different countries, but if you're in the United States, the wedding party traditionally buys their own dresses/rents or buys their own suits/tuxes.  Just make sure you're not forcing them to spend more than they can afford (ask each before going dress shopping so you get a budget).

7) I really want my boyfriend to ask my father for permission but I don't want to tell him to do it... is there a way to leave little hints?

The language already suggested is great.

8) Since we're on a budget and I want to do most of the décor and things DIY what are certain things I should NOT DIY?

You'd be surprised how much DIY isn't actually cost-effective.  There's a budget board here and they'll be able to help you weed out necessary versus unnecessary expenses.  If you still want to DIY some things, but what you can DIY really will be personal to you and your talents/abilities.  You know what you can make, and should be able to estimate how long it will take you.  Do important stuff first, optional stuff last.  That way, if it doesn't get done, you didn't need it anyway.

I may think of a few more but in the mean time thank you once again for all your help!!

In all seriousness, you've got tons of time for all this and don't need to be stressing it, but see my answers above.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    @LD1970

I really hope you weren't referring to my "subtle, vague hints" and "cow for sale" post its as good advice on how to get her BF to ask her dad for permission either.

• Options
    @twodimes - LOVE FATHER OF THE BRIDE! omg now must watch both movies this weekend. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 It's too late already for so many of us. Especially @southernpeach89. She's already got a little one pressing on her bladder and we aren't helping at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards