Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Just got our engagement photos

I just got our engagement photos today, and I'm super stoked! But now I'm not exactly sure what to do with them since they're on a DVD-R. 

There are some I definitely want  regular prints of, and others that I want to go into our book that I'm getting free from Shutterfly (I have a coupon that I got from David's Bridal).

What's the next step?

Re: Just got our engagement photos

• Options
    I just got our engagement photos today, and I'm super stoked! But now I'm not exactly sure what to do with them since they're on a DVD-R. 

There are some I definitely want  regular prints of, and others that I want to go into our book that I'm getting free from Shutterfly (I have a coupon that I got from David's Bridal).

What's the next step?
    I don't understand the question. You answered it in the bolded, pick out your photos and do what you want with them.
  • Options
    I don't know how to do those things. I have no clue how to make prints or how to get the ones I want in the book to Shutterfly. That's my question.
  • Options
    I don't know how to do those things. I have no clue how to make prints or how to get the ones I want in the book to Shutterfly. That's my question.
    Go to shutterfly.com. Select what you want. Upload pictures. Place pictures. Type in delivery and payment options.
    Go to website for desired store (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc). Click on photo. Upload pictures. Select payment option. Pick up or have delivered. 

Alternativly: Google
  • Options
    I [we] don't have a computer with an optical drive. Laptops made these days don't have optical drives. Does anywhere like any drugstore have it so you can upload pictures from a DVD?
  • Options
    JediElizabethJediElizabeth member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    I'd take a USB flash drive to my local or school library and just transfer them using a computer there. A drugstore would let you view and print out the ones you want (and should be where you go to get those regular prints printed), but you won't be able to upload to Shutterfly or other printing websites.

(edited for word.)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Give your photog a usb jump drive and ask them to copy the images on to it. Ask them first so you know what size to by.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    For like $15 you can get an external DVD drive for your laptop. Really not hard... However I checked with my photographer beforehand to see how they would be delivered. If you had done that then you could have seen if they would put them on a flash drive for you instead. Seems like one of the basic questions you ask... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For like $15 you can get an external DVD drive for your laptop. Really not hard... However I checked with my photographer beforehand to see how they would be delivered. If you had done that then you could have seen if they would put them on a flash drive for you instead. Seems like one of the basic questions you ask... 
    I knew we'd get a DVD, that is something I talked to the photographer about. I just didn't know that neither my fiance or I had an optical drive. So yeah, maybe that was a bad assumption, but I forgot that laptops aren't made with optical drives anymore because for the longest time they were, and them not is a new thing.

Anyway, I bought a USB flash drive and brought it over to the photographer and she's going to put the photos onto that. Problem solved, and a lot cheaper than buying an external optical drive.
  • Options
    I knew we'd get a DVD, that is something I talked to the photographer about. I just didn't know that neither my fiance or I had an optical drive. So yeah, maybe that was a bad assumption, but I forgot that laptops aren't made with optical drives anymore because for the longest time they were, and them not is a new thing.

Anyway, I bought a USB flash drive and brought it over to the photographer and she's going to put the photos onto that. Problem solved, and a lot cheaper than buying an external optical drive.
    Lots of laptops are still made with disc drives.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards