Chit Chat
Options

AW Got a Sneak Peek of My Pro Pics!

edited August 2015 in Chit Chat
Hi everyone!

I just got my pro pic preview and wanted to share! The weeks since the wedding have been an emotional roller coaster (my grandpa, with whom I was extremely close, passed away the same weekend as my wedding) and being able to look at the happy memories from our wedding is really nice.

My "Been There, Done That" two cents for lurkers:

-Put your guests first!! Two weeks after our wedding, our friends and family are STILL telling us how appreciative they were of the little ways in which we kept them in mind/hosted them: paid for everyone's valet parking, handed out bottles of water at the end of the night, had a server-passed drinks and appetizers during our receiving line, etc. No matter what your budget is, if you have guests - put their comfort at the forefront. Fancy dress does not cancel out poor hosting.

-I didn't notice the tablescapes that I had spent months perfecting. I noticed that smiling faces of people I loved surrounding each table. No matter how much you stress over the detail prior to your wedding, those will not be the things you notice.

-If not having a wedding planner, hire someone to be in charge on the day-of. Our day-of coordinator handled EVERYTHING on our wedding day and we were able to relax the whole time.

-Make the time to interact with each guest. Some of my favorite moments from the night were dancing with a relative or catching up with my friend whom I had not seen in months.

Re: AW Got a Sneak Peek of My Pro Pics!

• Options
    Congrats!  I especially love the two pictures in the third file.
    I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Beautiful!  Though I don't necessarily agree with hiring a DOC.  Our venue coordinator did alot for us and I was pretty well organized as well - it would have been a complete waste of money for us to have had a DOC.
  • Options
    Thank you!

@JoanE2012 - I probably should have said coordinator instead of Day-Of coordinator. What I basically meant is make sure you have someone in charge of coordination so that you are not having to do it all yourself on the day of your wedding. Your venue coordinator sounds like they probably did the same role as my day-of coordinator. Which is awesome! My venue didn't provide someone to do coordination, so I had to hire someone.
  • Options
    Your pictures look fantastic! I love the sparkler picture! Congrats!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Beautiful pictures, beautiful couple! Congratulations! 
    So sorry about the passing of your grandfather. 
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • Options
    Awesome pictures! I love your dress...I have always liked thin straps on dresses.
  • Options
    Completely agree!! My number one take away from our wedding a week ago is put your guests happiness and comfort over your own, The best part of our wedding as the positive, loving energy flowing off our guests. They were well-hosted and happy and their energy was flowing to us. I've been at weddings where the happiness of the guests were second to the needs and wishes of the couple and/or family and there is palatable negative energy flowing in the room. Your guests happiness will multiply the happiness of the day!
  • Options
    Absolutely stunning! You look so beautiful in your dress. And I completely agree with having some sort of coordinator the day of. Our venue coordinator was absolutely amazing - I didn't have to do a thing after I dropped all of our flowers and decorations off the night before. 
  • Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous!!!  Love all of these!
  • Options
    Stunning! Everything looks wonderful, congrats!
  • Options
    Wow those are stunning photos! Congrats! 
  • Options
    Thank you, guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards