Etiquette

Bridal shower thank you notes

I'm about to start writing thank you notes for my shower gifts and I was wondering: do I just sign my name on the notes, or do I also include FI's name?

Re: Bridal shower thank you notes

• Just sign your own name.  It was a shower for you.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    I would do just your own. The gifts were for both of you, but if he wasn't at the party, it seems odd for them to come from both of you, I think.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • ViczaesarViczaesar Central Coast, CA
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Just sign your own name, but if it's an item that'll be used by both of you you can mention your FI in your note (e.g. "Greg and I look forward to using the doodad for whatsit!").

ILoveBeachMusic
  • I signed about 98% of them with my own name.  I based it on the cards people gave with the gifts.  Most were written just to me, but if someone put both of our names on the gift then I signed FIs name too (only a couple of people did).  I did use "we" instead of "I" in the notes, though (i.e. "We are so excited to use XXX in our apartment; We can't wait to have you at the wedding", etc) since the gifts are for both of us and I felt weird writing them as if everything was just for me.

• I signed the TY notes from myself but used "we" a lot, as the gifts were for both of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards