Chit Chat

VMAs

I hope everyone enjoyed it! @TKzilla , did you?

Re: VMAs

• I watched.  Not impressed.  Sorry.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • You killed it, Miley <3 Well, judging from the like 5 minutes I watched of it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I tuned in in time to see Kanye West's speech.  After about 1 minute of watching him standing there with a dumb ass look on his face I turned it off.

• DH and I watched 1 hour and 45 minutes of it, 1 hour and 45 minutes of our lives that we will never get back. Many expletives from each of us were launched at the TV during this period.

I'm really disgusted at how much they glorified drug use. Excuse me, but marijuana is still illegal in most of the country and every other skit with Miley and co. involved references to pot.  

I'm not even a parent and I don't want my future child watching this, seriously. 

Believe it or not, I did think Kanye has a point about how award shows create losers out of successful people. But that's about it. 

• This made it official.  I am old

Yeah, I didn't know who anyone was. We made it about 1/2 hour before switching the channel. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I had to text my sister to ask who Feddy Wap was and she told me it was a dance move. She just turned 20, so I don't feel so bad for not knowing. 
  • I tuned in in time to see Kanye West's speech.  After about 1 minute of watching him standing there with a dumb ass look on his face I turned it off.
    DH has a childhood friend who was at the VMA's.  He was FB posting "shut upppppp already".     He didn't even say who, yet we all knew who he was talking about.

Not sure if it was a joke that Kanye wants to run for president or not.  My only advice is: dude, if you do, take some public speaking and speech writing courses, okay?   His "speech" was ridiculous.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We watched the entire thing (I'm sewing my Halloween costume, so it was background).  Agree with the drug comments.  We thought the same thing.  DH just laughed through the entire Kanye speech.  Do people actually care about whatever he rambles on about all the time??

• We watched the entire thing (I'm sewing my Halloween costume, so it was background).  Agree with the drug comments.  We thought the same thing.  DH just laughed through the entire Kanye speech.  Do people actually care about whatever he rambles on about all the time??
    Not sure.  He might have a good point in there somewhere, sadly it gets lost on me.   

From what I can gather he seems to rant on the rights of artist.  Specifically only ones he deems worthy.  

Now do not get me wrong, I think the arts are important.  I'm just not sure they are right platform to win a presidency. 

• I saw 30 seconds of it when I turned on my TV and it was on that channel. We were so confused as to who some of those people were so we changed it.

• I Dvr'd it we were too tired to start watching it. We got home late from vacation yesterday. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    We watched the entire thing (I'm sewing my Halloween costume, so it was background).  Agree with the drug comments.  We thought the same thing.  DH just laughed through the entire Kanye speech.  Do people actually care about whatever he rambles on about all the time??
    Not sure.  He might have a good point in there somewhere, sadly it gets lost on me.   

From what I can gather he seems to rant on the rights of artist.  Specifically only ones he deems worthy.  

Now do not get me wrong, I think the arts are important.  I'm just not sure they are right platform to win a presidency. 

You are sounding more and more like CMG lately. 

Also @mileybangerz WHAT'S GOOD 

• I watched the whole thing- UO here but I freaking LOVE Kanye and loved his speech because it was so clear he was passionate about what he's talking about, and it wasn't hyper-scripted corporate sponsored ratings driven like literally every other part of the show. Don't know if the president thing was a joke though, lol.

Honestly I went into the night liking Miley and came out liking her a lot less... she was just SO tiresome with her like, "look how crazy I am I smoke weed" spiel. It's just not that big a deal Miley.

Also very much enjoyed Nicki calling Miley out- very little is grosser than a white person basically being like "black people, I would want to listen to you more if you were just nicer about how you phrase the injustices that have been committed against you."

Loved Taylor's new video too. 

• I have not watched this since high school. So, 1999.
  • I didn't watch but I looked up some recap stuff online.  
    I like Miley Cyrus for a lot of reasons (she has done a lot for the LGBTQ+ community and speaks out about some feminism issues), but her having dreadlocks while being white and how much she went on about pot kind of makes me shake my head.
    What are your thoughts on Justin Bieber crying after his performance?  Real or publicity stunt?
  • doeydo said:
    I didn't watch but I looked up some recap stuff online.  
    I like Miley Cyrus for a lot of reasons (she has done a lot for the LGBTQ+ community and speaks out about some feminism issues), but her having dreadlocks while being white and how much she went on about pot kind of makes me shake my head.
    What are your thoughts on Justin Bieber crying after his performance?  Real or publicity stunt?

Publicity stunt - no doubt.

I feel bad for him - I think most of what he does involves either fake publicity stunts or cries for help/attention.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards