Chit Chat

Selling your dress

2»

Re: Selling your dress

• julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    My dress is hanging in our second bedroom closet - still haven't bothered to get it cleaned. I hated my dress so I don't have any sentimental reason to keep it. I'll probably end up donating it. 
    Just curious, how come you hated your dress?
    Basically because I cheaped out. I fell in LOVE with a Maggie Sottero dress that was slightly (read - only a couple hundred dollars) out of my budget. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on it - we still had so many other expenses and we had just bought a house. So I ended up rushing and picking a dress from David's Bridal that was okay, but because it wasn't my dream dress, I hated it as soon as I picked it up from the store. H kept trying to get me to buy the dress I really wanted but I felt so guilty about the money. Looking back, I should've just sucked it up and bought the dress I wanted. If I had, I'd never give that thing up. 
    It's funny, I have the opposite problem.  I bought a Sottero Midgley dress that totally blew the budget, especially after alterations (ie it ended up double my original budget).  I regret not going to David's Bridal at all.  My mom was in town for one weekend, and a big snowstorm started up when I was at the shop where I bought my dress (the DB appointment was after that one).  Everyone told me how good my dress looked on me etc etc, so I got caught up in it and bought it and cancelled my DB appointment.  But now, I'm not crazy about it, but it's much too late to do anything about it (wedding is in 11 days).  I just wish I had tried on more less expensive dresses since I may have been able to find one I liked just as well for way less money.
    Married 9.12.15
  • I love my dress and I'm going to pretend what I'm about to tell you isn't weird... 

My girlfriend wants to have a Pretty Princess Day (not wedding related) where us girls show up in our fanciest dresses whether it be prom dresses, bridesmaid, whatever, eat cheese, cupcakes and have wine and watch Disney movies. I'm probably goign to wear my wedding dress because it wasn't a ballgown or anything.  Does it sound like a 5 year olds birthday party? Yes. Am I super excited? You betcha. 
    I apparently need new friends. Can I have yours? lol

If I was invited to this I would 100% participate.  I always wish I had fancy places to go so I could get dressed up and wear some of my formal and bridesmaid dresses (I've liked them all so far!) again!
  • I'm not in love with my dress, but I liked it ok. Mom cried and it was clearance with an additional 20 percent off...I'm tighter than the paper on the walls. I was in love with an 1800 mori Lee, but wasn't paying that, no way.

I had it dry cleaned, not preserved, again I'm cheap. I'll let future offspring play dress up with it or keep it till I run out of storage. It doesn't have a train, so it's not really resale material. It was actually a pageant dress, not a wedding dress.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• My dress sat in its garment bag for a year in our basement clothes rack until the rack broke and we needed to do something with its contents!  So I dry cleaned my dress and put it in a extra large vacuum bag, which is where it sits now, flat as a pancake.  When we have kids, I will have the dress cut up to make their christening outfits.  As long as I don't have to see the seamstress cut up my dress, I should be ok! 
  • I love my dress and I'm going to pretend what I'm about to tell you isn't weird... 

My girlfriend wants to have a Pretty Princess Day (not wedding related) where us girls show up in our fanciest dresses whether it be prom dresses, bridesmaid, whatever, eat cheese, cupcakes and have wine and watch Disney movies. I'm probably goign to wear my wedding dress because it wasn't a ballgown or anything.  Does it sound like a 5 year olds birthday party? Yes. Am I super excited? You betcha. 
    I want to come too! This sounds awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards