Snarky Brides

Eye rolling

I gave my boss his wedding invitation this morning. He proceeds to tell me "I have a wedding to go to 2 weeks before yours. They did something really cool. In addition to having a gift registry they have this neat website where we could go on and give them money for specific items on their honeymoon. So we gave them money for their meals as a gift." I learned the term "honeyfund" from this forum and so much wanted to blurt that out and all the reasons for not having one after he said this. But instead I just knodded politely and turned back towards my computer and my desk and could just cringed at the idea...and then rolled my eyes. Another one bites the dust.

Re: Eye rolling

• I know it's your boss and that's different. But, I had a friend/coworker tell me the exact same thing one day. I said, "Oh, they're saving for the honeymoon? That's great. But hey, let me tell you something- some of those honeyfund sites take a cut of proceeds. Obviously I don't know what site she's using but check into it, because you're better of writing the couple a check than letting a company take some of your money." My friend had no idea, did check into it, and did end up giving his friend a check instead. 

I admit I'd be hesitant to tell my boss that, but I felt comfortable telling my friend at work at least. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards