Knottie Tech Help

Ongoing Site Maintenance

KnotHollyKnotHolly admin
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
edited August 2015 in Knottie Tech Help
Hi all,

We are aware users are currently experiencing issues accessing TheKnot.com. Tech is working to get the site back up and running as soon as possible. This should resolve any issues you might be seeing with the site header or the site loading slowly. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Re: Ongoing Site Maintenance

• KnotHolly,

I have noticed that all the content on my personal page has disappeared, is this because of the maintenance? If so will it be restored?
  • Hi there,

I've PMed you to get more info about your wedding website so I can further investigate.

Thank you!
  • edited September 2015
    I cannot access my website, including guest list, dashboard etc.  When I select 'guest list manager' I keep getting the information page for anyone wanting to sign up.  I have had a rsvp email and I cannot even access my guest list using the 'view your guest list tab' on that email.  Is this going to be an ongoing problem or is it because of your site maintenance.  

• KnotHollyKnotHolly admin
    edited September 2015
    KnotHolly,

I have noticed that all the content on my personal page has disappeared, is this because of the maintenance? If so will it be restored?
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out about this. I've alerted our tech team to this issue and they are currently investigating. I will let you know as soon as I have an update from them!
  • Do you think the problem will be resolved by the weekend ?
  • Do you think the problem will be resolved by the weekend ?
    Hi there! Thanks for following up.

I have reset your password as we've seen this help users with this issue in the past. I will send you a PM with your new password. You can change it in your account settings at any time.

Thank you!
  • edited September 2015
    I have clicked the 'reset my password' link on the email and it takes me to a log in page which says "this link has expired, please request a new link from the log in page"  I am still logged into the website using my original password, so do you want to send a new link or not ?  It will not let me add a new password on the account settings page as you suggested.
    edited September 2015
    Hi @Knottie1434837641,

Sorry for the trouble! 

Please log in with the new password that I sent via PM.

Then you can update your password here: https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/account-management

Afterwards, please let me know if this allows you to access/edit your wedding website again. 

Thank you! 
  • edited September 2015
    I have been using Safari on my Mac, and because you changed my password, I couldn't log in to reply and tell you I couldn't see your PM.  There is no link at the top of the page on Safari which takes me to your private messages so I couldn't see and change the password.  I have had to open Firefox and strangely, the private messages are at the top of the page, so I have logged in using the new pasword (and then changed it).  Unfortunately, I am still unable to edit my website despite all this.  It is very frustrating - I have invites to post, and unless I can get on to my 'guest list manager' it is pointless having this website.  Are you able to fix these problems or should I start looking for another wedding website host ?
    edited September 2015
    Hi @Knottie1434837641,

I am going to email you with your new password. After you log in using this new password, you should be able to edit your wedding website. Thank you!

• I've used the password you gave me (after I found in using Firefox) and have changed it so I can log in and use the forums.  I still cannot edit my website.  I click on Guest list planner under My Knot and get the home page for new members, not my guest list. I click on Wedding Website under My knot and get the dashboard, but I cannot access any of the sections to edit i.e. - guests, details, my wedding.  Nothing is working :(

• Hi there,

Thank you for trying this. I will be sure to update you here and we will also continue to update you via email as we work to fix this.

Thank you!
  • Hi KnotHolly, Could this also explain why the Guest List Manager has not uploaded any of my Guests into it? When I upload the .csv file, I get the screen that says: "Great! Your guest list is processing. We'll email you as soon as your contacts are fully uploaded into the Guest List Manager." It's been two days now, and I still have 0 guests and no email from The Knot. Please advise on what my next step should be, or if this is part of the technical issues. Thank you!
  • I am having the exact same problem that Knottie1434837641 is having that she describes above. "I cannot access my website, including guest list, dashboard etc. When I select 'guest list manager' I keep getting the information page for anyone wanting to sign up".  I have been waiting on your site to be fixed since Friday! This could not have come at a worse time, as my wedding RSVP deadline is tomorrow!!! And my guests have not been able to RSVP using your site! My wedding is in less than three weeks! I can't believe it! I have been panicking all weekend over this!! I need to get this fixed today, but I fear you are closed for the Labor Day Holiday! I have appointments this afternoon, and only have access to the internet on my home computer. I guess you can leave me messages here, as what to do when I return home, or you can call me if you have my phone number in my account information, (I will not leave it publicly here in the post and I can't access my account information on the site, because it doesn't work!), but you need to resolve this immediatley! How could you go since Friday, not knowing your website is acting up? Unless you just don't check on it very often. I am sure if I and Knottie 1434837641 are having the same problem, a lot of your other clients are as well! PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM!! I hate being a bridezilla! But situations like this make people turn into one!!! I am at my deadline and wits end!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards