Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How to Address Thank You

I am stumped on how to address/where to send a thank you note for my bosses.  I received a group wedding gift from all of my bosses and I am debating between the following:

1) Send each an individual thank you at their home address
2) Send a group thank you to the office
3) Place the thank you in one of their mailboxes or all

None of them were invited to the wedding, since it was family only and small.

Option 1 seems like the best choice but their husband/wife were not included in the gift, so I wasn't sure if it would be a problem.

Re: How to Address Thank You

• Options
    I would give each boss their own thank you card.  You could deliver it to each one at the office.

• Options
    Each person needs to receive their own thank you note. You can put the individual notes in their mailboxes or hand deliver them.

If you have their home addresses, that is acceptable as well.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I would write them each one and either hand deliver or put it in their boxes at work.  It's perfectly fine, but not necessary, to mail them.

SaveSave
  • Options
    Each one should receive their own thank you.  I would just hand deliver them or put them in their work mailbox.

And if you do send them to their homes you certainly do not have to include their wives on the envelope because the thank you is not for both of them, just for your bosses.  It is like a birthday card sent to someone's home address.  You wouldn't address it to both the husband and wife would you?

• Options
    Write one thank you note per boss. Address it to whoever signed the card. If it was just "Jane" (boss), then write "Jane". If it was "Jane and John" (so spouse included), then address the TY to John also. 

Personally, I'd probably use their mailbox at work. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I would give each of them their own individual thank you and deliver them at work. I'm not at this junction yet, but from my shower, even if I was given a group gift, I still gave everyone their own thank you. And as far as my work invitations went, I just hand delivered them and I think that worked just fine. If they attend the wedding and I write them a thank you, I'll most likely hand deliver those as well.
  • Options
    Anyone who's name is signed on the card should receive their own thank you, even if it's a group gift.

It would be appropriate to give these TY cards out at work, although you can mail them to their homes if you'd like.
  • Options
    Mini-threadjack: What about a gift from the entire company? We got a gift from DH's work that wasn't individually signed - just from the whole company (about 80 people). Not even entirely sure if it was personal money that they all chipped in or company money from their party/celebration budget.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Mini-threadjack: What about a gift from the entire company? We got a gift from DH's work that wasn't individually signed - just from the whole company (about 80 people). Not even entirely sure if it was personal money that they all chipped in or company money from their party/celebration budget.
    In this case, a group thank you is OK, because if there are no names signed on the card, then you have no way of knowing who contributed, or who to write a TY note for.
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    In this case, a group thank you is OK, because if there are no names signed on the card, then you have no way of knowing who contributed, or who to write a TY note for.

I was hoping that was the case :) Perfect. Thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    DH's bosses gave us a gift for our wedding but did not attend the wedding. I wrote individual thank-yous to each of them and DH hand delivered them at the office. You could mail the thank you, but if you'd have to hunt for addresses in order to do it, I'd say forget it and just hand-deliver the thank you notes at work.
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    That's what I did for my work wedding shower. I did write individual notes to the people who I knew organized the shower (there was food and stuff). But I sent an email to everyone and put some treats in the break room next to the group TY note.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards