New Jersey

Lake Valhalla- Montville

Hi Everyone! I was looking at pictures of Lake Valhalla Club online and thought it was just beautiful and the price is perfect. However, I went to see it and we less than impressed. It seemed drab and smelt a little musty. However, when I look again at pictures, I think it looks so wonderful and I am wondering if I am just being too picky or maybe not seeing what it will be like all dressed up... any advice? Thanks!

Re: Lake Valhalla- Montville

• I went to a wedding there last year and it was beautiful. The ceremony was outside on the lake. The inside at night was very dark because of all of the wood, but if you are into a sort of modern rustic look, it is the place for you. The only negative that I really remember is that they set up dessert in a room far away from the ballroom, so no one knew it had been put out. Also the cocktail hour room was a bit narrow, but we made due. It was a close friend's wedding so I may be a biased but we had a great time!
  • Thanks for the feedback, am still debating but it is so helpful to hear from people who have been to weddings there! I am sure it looked a lot different all done up for a wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards