Chit Chat
Options

Dress me? (NWR)

A friend is getting married next month and I just bought a new dress. She noted "cocktail attire requested" (eek!) so DH will be in a suit and this seems perfect. It will be the end of October and indoors, though it could be chilly.

I forgot to take a picture of the dress but it's basically the dress below. So my questions are:

1. What shoes? I suck in heels but I'd like something that's not too old lady-ish.
2. What jewelry? I was assuming earrings and nothing else (don't want to catch on the lace) but don't know. And, if I wear jewelry, what?

I have a black pashmina I can pull out as well as black patent, black leather, and silver clutches (and a handful of others) so I figure one of those would work as well.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dress me? (NWR)

• Options
    Chandelier earrings with a pop of color, a funky ring, black shoes (suede wedges would be cute!) and black leather bag.
  • Options

I think you could definitely do wedges (black would be great as PP mentioned) or nude or black kitten heels.

For your pop of color, and especially with that super cute dress, I would suggest chandelier or drop earrings - you could wear a necklace too, but I don't think it's necessary with the neckline on your dress.

I also think you could go with a cute clutch in a bright color as well. 

• Options
    Oh, that is pretty! And super versatile.

I would suggest colored shoes and a matching colored necklace or earrings.
  • Options
    A friend is getting married next month and I just bought a new dress. She noted "cocktail attire requested" (eek!) so DH will be in a suit and this seems perfect. It will be the end of October and indoors, though it could be chilly.

I forgot to take a picture of the dress but it's basically the dress below. So my questions are:

1. What shoes? I suck in heels but I'd like something that's not too old lady-ish.
    2. What jewelry? I was assuming earrings and nothing else (don't want to catch on the lace) but don't know. And, if I wear jewelry, what?

I have a black pashmina I can pull out as well as black patent, black leather, and silver clutches (and a handful of others) so I figure one of those would work as well.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    I love the lace on that dress!! I would do a bracelet and/or big dangly earrings in a fun color. And maybe some comfortable black shoes (flats if you don't want to do heels and want to dance!)  I'd go with the silver clutch to offset the black a bit.

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like a bit of color is the way to go.

I'm hearing justification for the pair of red leather heels I saw online the other day. I think I'll start looking through my dressy accessories and seeing what works together in colors.

Thanks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have a similar dress that I wore to a cocktail NYE party.  I wore gold accessories... dangly earrings, gold strappy heels, gold bracelet and had a gold clutch.  
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards