Not Engaged Yet
Options

OLW

labrolabro member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited September 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
This needs to be a weekly thing again you guys. I don't know how we let ourselves get so off track!!

Dear Baby Callie,

It's time to exit Mommy's ute!!! I want to meet you sweet baby girl!!!!

Love,
Your favoritest auntie who loves you very very much

~~~

Don't let yourself get discouraged! You can do this! I know you feel huge and miserable right now but it's all because Callie is getting ready to come and your body is getting your mind ready for birth! The misery of these last few weeks just prepares you to overcome the pain of labor. I know you can do this!!!

Now go make some labor cake momma!!

Love,
Your #2 cheer leader (after your H of course)

~~~~

My heart hurts for you so much. I think of you every day and take some time to pray for you and send good thoughts and feelings your way. I'm here for you for anything you need! Wishing you the best of luck with your test, and with TTC when you're ready to start trying again.

Love,

Your friend

~~~

Dear NEY,

I'm so so very glad we have such an awesome community is who is always so ready and willing to reach out and support one of our own when we most need it. This group is truly unique and special and I'm so proud to be a part of it!

Love,
The one and only LaBro

~~~

Dear SIL,

Sometimes I think you are really really dumb.

But I love you, just stop being so dumb sometimes.

Your "big" sister

~~~
Dear ILs friends,

You are all snooty and think you walk on water. Well you don't. Also, some of you have some really stupid things to say sometimes. I just need to vent about all of you for a really long time.

No love,
That woman who married in to the Peanuts Gang

Re: OLW

• Options
    labro said:
    This needs to be a weekly thing again you guys. I don't know how we let ourselves get so off track!!

Dear Baby Callie,

It's time to exit Mommy's ute!!! I want to meet you sweet baby girl!!!!

Love,
    Your favoritest auntie who loves you very very much

~~~

Don't let yourself get discouraged! You can do this! I know you feel huge and miserable right now but it's all because Callie is getting ready to come and your body is getting your mind ready for birth! The misery of these last few weeks just prepares you to overcome the pain of labor. I know you can do this!!!

Now go make some labor cake momma!!

Love,
    Your #2 cheer leader (after your H of course)

~~~~

My heart hurts for you so much. I think of you every day and take some time to pray for you and send good thoughts and feelings your way. I'm here for you for anything you need! Wishing you the best of luck with your test, and with TTC when you're ready to start trying again.

Love,

Your friend

~~~

Dear NEY,

I'm so so very glad we have such an awesome community is who is always so ready and willing to reach out and support one of our own when we most need it. This group is truly unique and special and I'm so proud to be a part of it!

Love,
    The one and only LaBro

~~~

Dear SIL,

Sometimes I think you are really really dumb.

But I love you, just stop being so dumb sometimes.

Your "big" sister

~~~
    Dear ILs friends,

You are all snooty and think you walk on water. Well you don't. Also, some of you have some really stupid things to say sometimes. I just need to vent about all of you for a really long time.

No love,
    That woman who married in to the Peanuts Gang
    LOL.

@TwoDimes I guess it could be...it's supposedly induces labor? Then again there is this restaurant here in ATL that makes Eggplant Parmesan that induces labor too. I might as well just eat everything.
  • Options
    Dear @labro and @southernpeach89 ,

Oooooh...I sense a fabulous SIL story.  Do share?

Love,
    Nosy Nellie

Hugs and prayers.  I don't know what else could possibly be said to make the pain any less, but know that we are here to help you grieve in whatever way you need us.

Love,
    Me

Dear Student Who Said the Groupwork was Stupid,

I heard you.  Don't look so surprised that I called you out on it.  A little respect will go a long way.

Best,
    Dr. Historian

Dear Nephew,

I miss you and want to snuggle your face.  Can you convince your parents to come visit?

Love,
    Aunt Mimi

Dear Future SIL,

Ugh.  I love you, and I love my brother, but...ugh.

Love,
    Older Future Sister

Dear Car,

I need you to survive for at least another year, please.  You've been so good to me...don't die on me now!

Love,
    Needs to Not be Stranded

• Options
    Ok, I'm showing my semi-newbie colors here. Can someone tell me what OLW means? I wanna play!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Dear @peaseblossom55

I am thinking of you constantly as well. I hope that you are healing. I feel like there is nothing I can say that makes this any easier, but know that I and all of NEY cares. 

Love, 
    Me

Dear groom of upcoming wedding, 

WHYYYYYY did you have to share your political beliefs about marriage a week and a half before your wedding? I would have been happy for you, despite what you had told me about her, and despite how she treated me, but now I don't know how I can be happy for either of you. If you had waited until after your wedding to share your beliefs, then FI and I wouldn't be in this predicament of possibly changing our RSVP a week before your wedding.

No love, 
    Your possibly former friend having a secular wedding

We need to have lunch next week. 

Love, 
    Me

Dear NEY, 

I am so overwhelmed with the wonderful community that this is, and I am honored to be part of it. I honestly feel like I am friends with all of you. I hope to meet many of you in person soon. 

Love, 
    Me

• Options
    --------------
    Dear Callie,

Please stop being creepy when I kiss bf.  He's not your bf.  You're a weird dog, and the family make out session last night was incredibly awkward.

Love, your real owner (not the one you cling to traitor)

Omg I am dying at all of this!!!!

• Options
    Dear @labro,

Would you mind reading it again?  My future SIL is my brother's fiancée.  That's why I said "I love you, and I love my brother."

Sorry for the confusion,
    Not-so-BSC These Days
  • Options
    @labro she's the weirdest dog ever.  I wish I could have gotten a video of it. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I totally read that as if you were talking about my Callie the first time lol. I was like ughhhh???? But seriously your dog sounds like Maddux. He has to be in the middle of everything.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian Hah! I definitely read that three times and didn't see the connection between brother and FSIL. So my bad!

• Options
    @southernpeach89 hahahaha ok dog is getting a nickname - I'll just call her traitor from now on so we don't confuse dog and human 
  • Options

Dear NEY,

Sometimes I don't have the energy or time to respond to everyone, so I just sit the thread out (like today's) but I am here and I still read them and heart you all.

• Options
    @labro - No biggie!  I was just like..."I'm doing SO GOOD at not being BSC these days!"  My brother's getting married in December, and so far it's...interesting, shall we say.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 hahahaha ok dog is getting a nickname - I'll just call her traitor from now on so we don't confuse dog and human 
    Haha you don't have to change her name on here. There is a girl on my FB who named her car Callie and it confuses the crap out of me because it's her freaking car.....which she so happens to talk about a lot lol.
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 thank you so much!

Anniversary

• Options
    @beanbot2002 i2i

Seriously cannot stand her sometimes.

• Options
    @Speakeasy14 - Of course!

They're really young (he's 21; she's 20).  They're both still full-time students.  Neither of them work full-time jobs.  Neither of them have any savings.  Neither of them are much at planning. (Example: They made Save-the-Dates in May.  They haven't sent them yet).  I had just been sort of watching everything from a distance, but two things happened this past week that just made me go..."Ugh."  

First, while I was Skyping with my parents last weekend, my Mom told me that she and one of the ladies from church have been "put in charge" of the reception.  I asked her what that meant, and she said "Well...I guess that means future SIL isn't planning it and so we're going to instead."  My mother is a wonderful woman, but she can't say no to anybody, especially family, and I'm cranky with them for asking her to essentially plan their entire reception.  It's also at a venue where everything has to be brought in, and they're 3 months out.

Second, after asking future SIL about 3 weeks ago if it mattered what I wore to the wedding (I'm not in the wedding party and not doing anything else like a reading or singing or anything [as far as I know], so I'm just a regular guest here.), I fell in love with this dress on Modcloth: clicky.  I didn't hear anything from her, so I bought it, but then I had second thoughts because of the color, so I sent it to her.  She texts me back, not to say that she'd rather me not wear it because of the color, but because she's decided that everyone needs to wear "muted shades of blue".  I don't mind if she doesn't want me to wear that gold/ivory dress, but I think it's ridiculous that she's wants to dictate what I do get to wear when I am in no way doing anything in the wedding.

This is all compounded by the fact that they're living in my house in Oklahoma but not actually paying me enough to cover living in the house, so I'm still paying about $200/month in their bills.  I understand that they're family, and that I love them, but I'm just...ugh.  Frustrated might be the best word.

Anyway, that's the "Ugh" part of the story.  I do love them both, but right now they're driving me nuts.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian 1. that dress is gorgeous, wear it.  
    2. Wait, your mom is planning the reception... is she also expected to pay for it?
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - I do believe so; however, I should say that I have not been privy to any budget conversations. (Except for when my brother told me that the reason he couldn't pay his electric bill was because he had "other debt obligations"--her ring.  More eyeroll.)

I'm definitely not returning the dress.  It's too pretty to go back.
  • Options

Dear BF's mom,

I am actually really upset that you told me at Christmas that you HAVE to go to Africa because it was your Aunt's dying wish that you go since she never got to. Then when I gave you a 5-year plan to save up so we could go together you said it was too long from now! So we set up a 3-year plan, which I have stuck to, and it turns out you have not, as well as adding on "There are so many other places I want to go to first....." (Cue: Rage) I think I'm going to transfer the money I've saved over to my panda volunteer trip fund.

Dear @labro,

Your SIL sounds like 50 shades of stupid.

Additionally, you wrote about Kenya. If you read above, I happen to be looking for a new friend to travel to Africa with! I'm on a 3 year plan, if you haven't heard. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards