Chit Chat

My scrape and tickle (doctors call a D+C)

edited September 2015 in Chit Chat
Yesterday, I had my procedure to remove a large polyp on my uterus.  It goes in for testing, and I will know in 5 days if it is benign.  I am pretty sure it is, because this is pretty routine for me.  I used to be put under for a D+C, but I guess they no longer do that.  The last time, they gave me a D+C, I wasn't put under and was severely under medicated.   I jumped on the table and the doctor perforated my uterus.
  This time, the local didn't take, so I pretty much felt everything with a little more medication.  My gynecologist told me she would never give me a D+C in office again. At least, that's a relief.  While the procedure was horrible, I am doing much better the day after the procedure, than I was for the previous D+C.
  My doctor is talking about putting me on Lupron to alleviate the severe pain I have been having from either my ovarian cyst or the adenomyosis.    It is a medication to force me into a medical menopause.  It can help women with endometriosis, PCOS, uterine fibroids, uterine cancer, or adenomyosis, but the side effects can be severe.  It can cause osteoporosis leading to broken bones, severe joint pain, high blood pressure, fainting, and the less serious side effects like moodiness, depression, weight gain, hot flashes and night sweats. Some of the side effects like joint damage may persist, permanently, even after stopping the medication. I am all ready 37, and my doctor was talking about keeping me on it for 3 months. It can take people 3-5 months to get pregnant after going off of it. I just don't want to cause a delay any longer to get pregnant, or deal with serious side effects.  On the flip-side, sex has become so painful that we rarely have intercourse anymore.  Once we are able to try to conceive, again, I don't want to avoid sex.  Has anyone here ever had to take Lupron?  What was your experience?  Thanks for any help or advice.

Re: My scrape and tickle (doctors call a D+C)

• I haven't taken Lupron, but I hope that your desired outcome from all these procedures and medications works for you.

I would recommend going to the GBCN proboards, you should be able to find them by googling.  They have some very knowledgeable ladies on the TTC and TTTC boards that I lurk.  The group of ladies is made of former Nestie's who fled when TN Gods started pulling crap like what happened on TB not too long ago.

• I don't have any advice (never heard of Lupron), but I have had ovarian cysts in the past also, and I know it's no fun. And I have never had to have a D&C, but I did have a saline infusion sonogram last week to rule out polyps in my uterus as a factor in my infertility. Hearing about the procedure makes me feel grateful that the only thing wrong with me is my fucked up tubes (which, apparently, may need to be removed before we begin IVF). The saline sonogram was far from fun, but it doesn't sound as bad as a D&C.

I hope whatever course you and your doc decide works well and quickly!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No advice, sorry, but sucks that you're having to go through this again and again.  Glad you're feeling better today

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards