Chit Chat
Options

What made you happy today?

We finally booked our flights to the islands.   It was always a done deal DH is a feature chef at an event.  We are also taking 6 couples from the club with us.  IDK,  it just feels more real when tickets are booked.

The only bummer part is an overnight layover in which we have to take our bags as they will not check them all the way through.   Sigh.  FWP I tell you.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: What made you happy today?

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    One of my clients cancelled a meeting and I went the whole day meetingless. Ahhh, yes, it's the little things that make me happy.  :)

Oh, and I had a nagging headache all morning.  I took a migraine pill and had relief within 20 minutes.  More happiness.
  • Options
    Tito's vodka. (After a long day of shitty commutes and work, it's the little things!)
  • Options
    I see we have drinkers tonight.  I'm having a beer myself. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Short week! I'm taking tomorrow off to go to Charleston with some girlfriends... I like calling Thursdays " little Fridays" anyways but now it really feels like a little friday.

• Options
    Short week for me too! Monday off for Labor Day, and we're taking Friday off for a long weekend backpacking.

And my H is in a really good mood, which is a welcome relief because he's been super-anxious from stress at work recently and his mood tends to rub off on me.

The only bummer is it's supposed to rain most of the weekend... I prefer being dry when I backpack. But oh well. It's better than being stuck in the city working.
  • Options
    Short week for me too! Monday off for Labor Day, and we're taking Friday off for a long weekend backpacking.

And my H is in a really good mood, which is a welcome relief because he's been super-anxious from stress at work recently and his mood tends to rub off on me.

The only bummer is it's supposed to rain most of the weekend... I prefer being dry when I backpack. But oh well. It's better than being stuck in the city working.
    You live in the Boston area, right? Where do you normally go backpacking? H and I want to do more hiking/camping next summer (this one flew by), but I'm a little clueless what's around and sometimes we don't want to drive all the way up to the White Mountains.
  • Options
    40% loft sale and getting a haircut today. I am in desperate need of a haircut and two new dresses from Loft.
  • Options

You live in the Boston area, right? Where do you normally go backpacking? H and I want to do more hiking/camping next summer (this one flew by), but I'm a little clueless what's around and sometimes we don't want to drive all the way up to the White Mountains.
    We drive to the Whites, 'cause they're the best! It's actually only 2 hours to a lot of the best mountains up there, straight up 93, so it's not so bad. I haven't done this, but people say that the Wapack Trail in southern NH is fun. It doesn't include any big mountains, but it's closer to Boston. There's some good backpacking reportedly in the Berkshires as well, but I figure it takes as long to drive out there as it does to NH. And of course you can always section hike the AT anywhere in MA or VT, or the Long Trail in southern VT.

If you're looking for day hiking then there are TONS of great options very close to Boston. I love the Blue Hills Reservation, the Middlesex Fells, sections of the Bay Circuit Trail.

This is sort of my main hobby and I spend hours planning trips so I know a ton - hit me up for info anytime!
  • Options

We drive to the Whites, 'cause they're the best! It's actually only 2 hours to a lot of the best mountains up there, straight up 93, so it's not so bad. I haven't done this, but people say that the Wapack Trail in southern NH is fun. It doesn't include any big mountains, but it's closer to Boston. There's some good backpacking reportedly in the Berkshires as well, but I figure it takes as long to drive out there as it does to NH. And of course you can always section hike the AT anywhere in MA or VT, or the Long Trail in southern VT.

If you're looking for day hiking then there are TONS of great options very close to Boston. I love the Blue Hills Reservation, the Middlesex Fells, sections of the Bay Circuit Trail.

This is sort of my main hobby and I spend hours planning trips so I know a ton - hit me up for info anytime!

I've done both of these and they are great, especially the Fells. I use to live close to one of the entrances so I would walk it often.
  • Options
    Well you posted this yesterday, but I didn't see it til today. So I'm going to be a rebel and post about what made me happy today instead :)

I'm happy because I woke up with foot pain today. That sounds weird, but I have plantar fasciitis, and when it flares up my boss lets me wear my Chacos to work instead of nice shoes because they have arch support. They are so much more comfortable than dress shoes.

It is also raining here today, which means I didn't have to wear nice shoes in the rain! Double win!

• Options
    So far today, a doughnut. And H rolling over and telling me he loves me a couple of times while I was getting ready to leave. My snoring has been keeping him awake a lot this week so I'm used to a grumpy H in the mornings. Having a happy H is so lovely.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Long story short, I was scheduled to leave work today at 3 to take my sister to an appointment. Our dad is taking her, so I could stay here until 5. I might leave early anyway to fix up my resume and GTFO of this horseshit job.

ETA: And that makes me happy.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Free breakfast at the stupid staff meeting.

But that was kind of cancelled out by the horribly long staff meeting...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    arrippa said:

I've done both of these and they are great, especially the Fells. I use to live close to one of the entrances so I would walk it often.
    Thank you both!
  • Options
    My close friend who is coming from the other side of the world to be here for my wedding next week arrived today. I met her at the airport and got the massive hug I've been waiting almost 2 years for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards