Wedding Woes

Curious...who has been here 10+ years?

I used to play on this board once upon a time (under a different name when I married my exH) and only recognize a couple of names here now. I know there have to be more than that. It was 2004-05, and @*barbie* 's post reminded me how much more active the boards were back then. 

So, who is still here, and are you using the same SN as you were back then?

Re: Curious...who has been here 10+ years?

• Our local board was so active way back when!!!  Heck a bunch of us all became friends IRL, now between all the boards I don't think it's as active as our local board used to be!
  • I think I was, but I don't remember my screen name before Varuna.  Once I went to Varuna, it's just been different iterations of that.  I'm pretty sure I was on the Knot starting in 2005, but was mostly on....P&E?  Maybe.  Then made my way over to WW.
  • I was here before I was engaged so almost 12?  Except a short time I was banned I've been 6fsn. 
  • Not quite 10 years.  Got engaged in early 07 and signed up shortly after.
  • I've been here on and off since mid-2005.
  • Me. I start lurking in 04, and posting since 05, after the big banning of 05.
  • I was here when I got engaged in early 2005 and have had the same screen name since the beginning.  
  • I was here before I was engaged so almost 12?  Except a short time I was banned I've been 6fsn. 
  • I joined the knot in June 2005, right after I got engaged.  I had another screen name, but I don't remember it. 
  • I've been on here since early 2005, but I have always lurked a lot more than I have posted. I've always had the same name.
  • June 2005, under the same name, although I lurked more in the beginning. 
    I was also Pirate Barbie (or something like that) for a few years when TK went all wonky and wouldn't allow special characters in usernames (*). I was mostly on Wedding Woes and P&E. 
  • First son's wedding was in 2000.  Now second son's wedding is next May.  Was very active then even meeting two of the Scottish brides in person when we went over in 2001.  I guess I joined in 1999...  OMG.  Yes the boards were burning up in those days.  Now it all seems to be over on weddingwire.
  • We need HMo to appear.  She'll remember all of our names and when we joined.
  • i don't remember most of the previous screen names. most are variations of current ones.
  • @thecheesewench -- what was your og sn?
  • Yes, it's time for a drive by. We need one day where old regs come to visit. Just for one day.

• Same user name, but I haven't been on this board for 10 years. I think I joined shortly after I got engaged, which was over 10 years ago (gah) but I didn't start posting on WW until later on.
  • It's a Christmas Miracle.
  • Do you have a Google Alert or something, @hmonkey?
  • Same user name been here since summer of 2004 when DD 1 got engaged. Loved the military brides board then but it is beyond life support now.
  • Yiesch - I feel like I should be in the geriatric ward ... It was the end of 2002 or early 2003 when I first joined LOL...
  • hmonkey said:

@thecheesewench -- what was your og sn?

Sorry, the weekend got busy!

@hmonkey I was *Missmandapanda back in '04-'05. A few months after I got married I got pretty sick for several months so I didn't feel up to knot mischief for awhile and then just never came back.
  • darn. i wish it was margaretlove.
  • I actually vaugely remember MissMandaPanda.
    But I don't remember why.
    (which is probably good, I only firmly remember people who were assholes--or super awesome.  But usually assholes :)
  • GBCK said:
    I actually vaugely remember MissMandaPanda.
    (which is probably good, I only firmly remember people who were assholes--or super awesome.  But usually assholes :)
    Did you have the same SN back then @GBCN ? I remember it as a widely used hashtag but not sure about recalling a SN. So for all of you old knottie hags, I popped back on just for curiosity's sake a couple of years later and recall reading a rumor that CinnamonSpark passed away. Is that true? She was a funny chick. @heffalump I am pretty sure you were here at that time...
  • yes, cinn died of stomach cancer in nov 2010.
  • hmonkey said:
    yes, cinn died of stomach cancer in nov 2010.
    Yuck. I hate that :(
  • nope, i changed because of a stalkyish irl overlap :)
  • I can't believe it's almost been five years.:(
  • GBCK said:
    I actually vaugely remember MissMandaPanda.
    Did you have the same SN back then @GBCN ? I remember it as a widely used hashtag but not sure about recalling a SN. So for all of you old knottie hags, I popped back on just for curiosity's sake a couple of years later and recall reading a rumor that CinnamonSpark passed away. Is that true? She was a funny chick. @heffalump I am pretty sure you were here at that time...
    I was here.  I still remember where I was when I read the news about Wonderw1fe (airport in Vienna).  TBH, sometimes I still can't believe it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards