New York-Long Island
Options

Chateau Le Mer & Coral house

Any info/reviews/advice appreciated... went to see these 2 venues yesterday with my FH and my mom n dd. Fell completely in LOVE with Chateau. Has everyhting I want and MORE. We would get a boat/yacht arrival, have a beautiful room with all ocean views the outdoor area was aawesome and well decorated for an outdoor ceremony/cocktail hour. I was just in love rwith everything. The price was pretty good for everything you get until our add ons my FH needs (its all he's asking for) and they didn't give us any better rate on the spot but said he would talk to his boss. 
The Coral House had awesome customer service, they gave us a small tasting (without us even booking!) and the food was yummy! We would get an event planner who came over to meet us and started asking all sorts of fun questions about our wants and needs and gave us some great ideas! It was all very exciting. They were going to throw in so many extras and the way the price worked out, they said we could just do it on Saturday like we really want. HOWEVER, I am not in LOVE with the set up/shape/size of the room. But everything they are giving us is so amazing that I feel bad NOT loving it.

ANy advice? Ideas? I'm so over-whelmed and confused now. I mena my heart is set on everything I SAW at Chateau but the price and value at COral is almost too amazing to pass up!

Re: Chateau Le Mer & Coral house

• Options
    Can you speak to someone at Chateau Le Mer and tell them exactly that?  That you love their place but if they are unable to get you a better rate, you will have to go to Coral House and that they gave you a better price?  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
     Do you think that is the "proper" way to do it? I read in one of the bridal mags this AM about saying they are your 2nd choice and see what they can do.. but I don't know that that sounds right either... think I should tell them I love their place but getting a much better deaal elsewhere? 
    Going to a tasting next week and I want to talk to them again. My heart was beating a mile a minute there <3
  • Options
    ujocdeelovelyujocdeelovely member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I've been to a wedding at Chateau Le Mer. The cocktail hour was really good but wasn't so crazy about dinner. The service was not that great and I wasn't really a fan of how the room was set up. We were all the way in the back and couldn't see anything. I'm just giving you my opinion but you need to go with the place that you feel comfortable with. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks will take that into consideration. I'm hoping the tasting goes well next week.

ALso, the COrl House is now under new management so they are renovating things right now. My wedding isn't til late next year so I shouldn't have to worry about construction or anything then.
  • Options
    Just saw your question----- We had our wedding at the Coral House.  Me and my wife were very happy with everything.  U r right.  New owners.  They did the best job with the room and the food.  All my friends and family said it was the best wedding they've been to lately!
  • Options
    Honestly, at the end of the day, the thing your guests will remember most is the service the venue offers, not the way the room looked.  I can't tell you what the room looked like at any of the weddings I've been to, but I sure can tell you which ones had good service and which ones didn't.  Go with the place that's going to provide the best overall experience for your guests, and you won't regret it.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I agree!  We had my daughter's wedding at The Coral House, and with all the stress invloved in the big day, it was the service (and extra efforts) of the Coral House staff that made the day a really pleasant one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards