Chit Chat

Random Stuff

So, I'm excited today because in 1 month (!!!!) I'll be married!  I'm 30 days out and feeling good- especially since our planner emailed us a draft timeline yesterday (the one thing I've been mildly stressing over is what's going to happen and when on the day).

I'm also in a shitty mood about work because this is what passes for management at my company.  A (screaming) email that says "GET HIM HIRED!!!!!"  Ugh- I need to make it here at least one more year, maybe two, but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hate this place.

Fiance actually has off the whole weekend so we're watching the big Bears/Packers game on Sunday- he's a Packer fan; I am a Bears fan.  (I always say everyone is allowed one major flaw- this is the one I allow him.  ;-)  )

Anyone else?  Random Stuff on a Friday?

Re: Random Stuff

• Wooooo 30 days- go you!!!

I'm leaving on a cruise Sunday, can't wait for sun, sand, and Guy Fieri burgers in mah face!!!!!

• Well, that is random, @Jenna8984.  I'll give ya that.

• Whoa I did not post that!!

• Yes you did.  It's showing again...
  • That weird picture thing is happening to other people too.  It looks like all pictures are the Knot Vendor review thing instead of what its supposed to be.  Gifs seem to be working fine though.
  • Maybe this should be on that creepy thread.
  • Yeah, just noticed that, @OliveOilsMom.  I tried to alert of the TKGs.
  • So sorry about this all!! Those ads should (obviously) only be on the right side, talking to tech now to have this resolved ASAP!
  • Told ya this website is not sophisticated enough for ads...

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• FI and I entered the single digits today! 9 more days and I will be a married lady!

Getting my hair colored this weekend, and then doing NOTHING. next week will be crazy.

• @jenna8984. What a coincidence! We leave on a cruise on Sunday as well! We leave today because we are driving to the port in Galveston with my H's parents and sister. We are all so ready for a vacation!
  • I'm working from home since I have a cold.  Am going on a kayak trip with friends tomorrow, weather turned cold and it's going to be like 50 and cloudy.  Oh and I'm not a kayaker, I only agreed thinking it would be a nice way to get a tan.  I'm sure we will have fun but it would be better if it was warmer and I didn't have a cold.
  • madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    Happy Friday all! 

I woke up annoyed because our landlord raised our rent by $150/month yesterday. She has been raising it by $25-$50 every 18 months since we moved in, but it's only been a year since the last raise, so we were not expecting it yet. Unfortunately, we're stuck, since our rent had been really cheap for the area up until now, and we can't find anything comparable that would be worth moving for. Oh, well... We just need to step up our efforts at saving so we can buy a house.

I am REALLY looking forward to football on Sunday... H and I are in a 10-person fantasy league with various friends and family members, so Sunday is devoted to football. H "forgot" to cancel our NFL Sunday Ticket, which we had not planned on renewing, but I am pretty sure he intentionally forgot to cancel. But it means we can watch all of the games!

Anyone else in a league? My BIL is in our league, and he has Tom Brady AND Gronkowski, two of my very least favorite football players. BIL killed it in last night's game though...

ETF typo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy Friday all! 

I woke up annoyed because our landlord raised our rent by $150/month yesterday. She has been raising it by $25-$50 every 18 months since we moved in, but it's only been a year since the last raise, so we were not expecting it yet. Unfortunately, we're stuck, since our rent had been really cheap for the area up until now, and we can't find anything comparable that would be worth moving for. Oh, well... We just need to step up our efforts at saving so we can buy a house.

I am REALLY looking forward to football on Sunday... H and I are in a 10-person fantasy league with various friends and family members, so Sunday is devoted to football. H "forgot" to cancel our NFL Sunday Ticket, which we had not planned on renewing, but I am pretty sure he intentionally forgot to cancel. But it means we can watch all of the games!

Anyone else in a league? My BIL is in our league, and he has Tom Brady AND Gronkowski, two of my very least favorite football players. BIL killed it in last night's game though...

ETF typo

$150 wow!

I miss fantasy football. I was in a league with people from my last job and enjoyed it and then got cut out last year sine I didn't work there anymore. I'd previously been asked to be in another league but didn't want to do 2 so now I have none and wish I was in one - though a fun one and not something with tons of $$ or side bets on the line.

• kvruns said:
    Happy Friday all! 

ETF typo

$150 wow!

I miss fantasy football. I was in a league with people from my last job and enjoyed it and then got cut out last year sine I didn't work there anymore. I'd previously been asked to be in another league but didn't want to do 2 so now I have none and wish I was in one - though a fun one and not something with tons of $$ or side bets on the line.

Our landlord is a crazy bitch, and she has 50+ properties with no mortgages. So I put this up to her being greedy. There's been some talk of Oregon getting rid of the ban on rent control, so we kind of think she raised it that much just in case rent control laws become allowed. And she knows that the price she raised it to is about on par with other rentals in the area. So she has the upper hand.

I used to HATE football, until I met H. Once we started a fantasy league, though, I was hooked. There's nothing I love more than watching football and eating fun foods all day Sunday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are you ready for some football?

Actually my game is the first Monday night game.  Which is kind-of annoying since I pay fucking $42 a month for 6 months to be able to watch my favorite team and it's on national TV  :(

DH and I are both off on Sunday.   Other than watching his team I'm not sure what we are going to do.  I'm leaving for NOLA on tuesday, so I have to get ready for that.

Random stuff:  It's come to my attention that the rescue dog will not poop for my DH. He will pee for my husband, but not poop. WTF is that about?  Very annoying. Although DH thinks it's awesome.  It will be interesting to see what happens when I'm gone.    

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I think H and I are staying home tonight and assembling a treadmill. Perhaps also watching more Daredevil. Or he'll play Batman because he's been super obsessed since it finally got fixed enough to play. Fairly random.

Tomorrow I get to go play D&D and I'm fairly excited.
  • @littlemushroom awesome, have a great trip!!

• Happy Friday all! 

ETF typo

I work for a property management company in Oregon and we are raising rent like crazy here too. The market is out of control- we used to get away with $25-$50 increases, but with things as busy as they are here, corporate is making us raise everyone to market (sometimes $200-$300/mo.) every time their lease expires. It sucks to be at site-level, we are the ones who get to know our residents and their stories, but obviously the management companies only care about the bottom dollar :-/

• madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015

I work for a property management company in Oregon and we are raising rent like crazy here too. The market is out of control- we used to get away with $25-$50 increases, but with things as busy as they are here, corporate is making us raise everyone to market (sometimes $200-$300/mo.) every time their lease expires. It sucks to be at site-level, we are the ones who get to know our residents and their stories, but obviously the management companies only care about the bottom dollar :-/

Yeah, I thought the timing on our increase was odd, since all these news stories started popping up yesterday about ridiculous rent increases across Portland. Weird coincidence, or just part of the trend? It's like all the owners/managers decided this is the time to raise all of the rent for everyone in the state. It's pretty bad. But there is nothing we can do, because if we moved rent would be about the same, and someone else would gladly take our current place.

And I feel bad for you, being the one who probably hears all the angry tenants' complaints.

ETA punctuation
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Today was a shitty work day for me too.  I was about 30 seconds behind all day, and my boss decided it was pick on WinstonsGirl day today.  At least my classes were awesome kids today.  

And since it was the first week back, we had out annual Friday fun afternoon where the Jr. High kids do different activities.  My home team named themselves SUSAN, and decided out chant was to give meanings to each letter (Super Unique Students and Nolan).  We kept chanting Susan, Susan all afternoon.  

Also, one of my favourite activities they do is a team egg toss.  You get 6 eggs and have to toss them back and forth to your teammates.  If one breaks, you get another until you have no eggs left.  It's always a good laugh to see the kids catch an egg that's finally ready to break from all the drops.  They ended with some leftover and the other PE teacher tossing it really high while the grade 9 boys tried to catch them.  Not one of them has soft hands, unfortunately.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards