Not Engaged Yet

Whiny Wednesday

13»

Re: Whiny Wednesday

• @AlPacina My trainer just told me the same thing and taught me how to massage my foot on a dumbbell. It felt A LOT better after that, so I'll probably just massage the foot off and on for a few days and see if it helps. It's not tender, swollen, or visually bruised, so I probably overextended my foot somehow and just need to massage it a bit.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labro said:
    @lavenderfields13 I definitely say AUNT with a U! It drives me nuts when I am Ant LaBro. It's AUNT DAMNIT!
    Thank you! I thought everywhere except my region pronounced it incorrectly. Although, I'm from Boston and drop R's off words so I shouldn't really talk lol.

@swazzle I have a friend from NJ who also says ant, wooder, and says coffee weird too. 

• AlPacina said:

@swazzle - I definitely think you should finish Season 3 of AHS. It was super good. Plus, it ended exactly the way I wanted it to, so maybe I'm a little biased.

@speakeasy14 - Way to go, you perfect employee!

@eilis1228 - Have you tried massaging your foot to see if that helps? Sore feet make my everything tired, and sometimes bruising is just tight muscles. Then again, sometimes it IS bruised, so take your time and feel it out.

@MissKittyDanger - Driving is awesome and so freakin convenient. A lot of people don't drive around here. It's actually more common than people think. Good luck on your test!

---------------------------

Funny story time! This was my conversation with BF yesterday:

*BF doing crossword puzzle on iPad*
    BF: "Alphabet trio after Q."
    Me: "R-S-T."
    BF: "Isn't there a U in there?"
    Me: *sings* "Q-R-S--T-U-V"
    BF: "Ohhhhhhh! Like the song!"
    Me: "Noooo?..... Like the alphabet."
    BF: "But I though U comes after Q?"
    Me: "It does in words. Not in the actual alphabet."
    BF: *finally gets it*

OMFG, I was DYING. I kept singing the alphabet song at him the rest of the night, and if he would ask a question I answered, "You know, like the song!"

I can't wait for the new season of AHS! And Brooklyn Nine-nine (although I have no idea when that starts). I don't have cable, so the only shows I watch as they air are the ones on Hulu.

Dying over the whole convo :')
  •  @alpacina Pretty funny conversation.  I can't wait for AHS too!!!! 3 weeks

Anniversary

• I found random links that I feel many of you will enjoy! I remember when I first started posting here there were many questions about guacamole ...

• Ugh OK now I'm ready to whine....

My department just got an email from the leader about vacation, sick days, WFH, etc. It included a few gems such as "when you work remotely you must have a 15 minute reply time on all emails and IMs" and "if you are working only 8 hours a day this is a direct sign you need more projects".

• jenjen047 said:
    Ugh OK now I'm ready to whine....

My department just got an email from the leader about vacation, sick days, WFH, etc. It included a few gems such as "when you work remotely you must have a 15 minute reply time on all emails and IMs" and "if you are working only 8 hours a day this is a direct sign you need more projects".

Man fuck all this! I hear shit all the time like - make sure you're logging more 45 hours per week, etc. etc.

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @jenjen047 & @labro -- from what I understand it is a generational issue.  Older generations expect work to come first and people to work until a project is complete.  Unfortunately with technology and the ability to work 24/7 that means people are now expected to work more than 40 hours a week. But yeah, no one should flat out be told that if they only work 8 hours a day, they clearly need more work. 

*eta clearly I've been sitting in way too many seminars lately for HR 
  • @speakeasy14 - I completely agree. What is weird to me is that his email was sent by a 31 year old. And even her boss and her bosses boss are only 37.
  • Ok, this is me on why I'm still working...and why I got barely a 30 minute workout in this morning (because I did it at the butt crack of dawn) and a 15 minute workout...before I got called back to work...at 6:30. 

Angry Jon Stewart animated GIF

Friends Frustrated animated GIF

Angry Frustrated animated GIF
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards