Wedding Woes
Options

Weddy-Weddy-Wednesday

Party thunderjacking alert levels are still on high, but resources are engaged to avert disaster and/or total collapse.  ;)  I told my aunt she could call me today if she wanted to discuss further.  (For those not on FB, my aunt is trying to plan some 'grand gestures' for my dad's 60th surprise bday this weekend at the last second (she's not actually coming and that's a whole other ball of wax) and we're calling her on her shit because we are the hosts (paying hosts) and we do.not.want.  My aunt is having a conniption). 

Other than that, an old friend may be stopping by tonight because she's in town for her MIL's funeral and wants to see our house. 

Tomorrow, I have a half day and then my grandparents are coming to dinner.  :) 

Re: Weddy-Weddy-Wednesday

• Options
    I read the thunderjacking post on FB, conn.  It's very annoying.  Why does she have to do something cutesy/dumb?  Just send a damn card.

I have to do my Wednesday morning work errands and then go to DD1's school to get set up in the new visitor management system.  Her teacher asked if I would be available help out in the classroom two days a week for about an hour.  I think it will be fun and DD1 wants me to do it.
  • Options
    tawillers said:

I have to do my Wednesday morning work errands and then go to DD1's school to get set up in the new visitor management system. 
    I still have to do that.  Thanks for the reminder--maybe I'll run over there at lunch sometime this week.

Divorce sucks.  Had a long chat yesterday with the friend with the three year timeline for divorce.  I get where she's coming from, and I don't know that I'd handle things exactly the way she is.  But who's to say, you know?  It just sucks.  Her H wants to save the marriage, she's just done, it's sad.

Anyway.  I don't want to end on a Debbie Downer note, so...uh...I think I have the kids' Halloween costumes done.  DD is a black cat, and we ended up picking shark for DS because he is crazy about sharks and the costume was more practical than some of the others. (Halloween can be 60 or 80 here and he runs warm, so I didn't want something too bulky or that covered him head-to-toe.)  These cool mornings are making me fall-crazy, and it's going to be disorienting when we get back into the upper 80's.  But I'm loving them while they last.

DD has picture day today.  She asked me out of the blue last night if I knew how to do a French braid.  I was like "Uh...not well."  She was convinced that I could just look at a picture and figure it out, but I eventually persuaded her hat she doesn't want Mommy's [crappy] amateur French braid attempt for her school pics.  We're going to start practicing this weekend, though.  Maybe for class pics in a couple of months.  :)
  • Options
    Ugh, Heffa.  3 years is a long time to drag this out, especially when her H wants to make it work.  If they were both on the same page, I could kind of understand the waiting or whatever.  It just sounds like it will be a miserable time for the both of them since she's already checked out and since she plans to stick around, he may think he has a chance to change her mind.  
  • Options
    Ugh, school volunteering is a pain. We are required to have a fingerprint card so I got mine done a few weeks ago and it hasn't come in. I don't mind running over to the school to help out. They keep pleading for volunteers for all sorts of things, but I can't do it until I get the fingerprint card clearance.

Anyways, nothing really new here. I'm working and all that. I really want to go to the outlet mall near us. I am trying to go through my closet and wear things that I haven't worn in a while and I'm realizing why I don't wear them. The dress I have on today is a little shorter than I'd like but I guess I work from home so it's all good.
  • Options

3 years?!?!  ugh

• Options
    Boo: My phone call with my aunt went shitty. 

YAY: My new dresses and shoes came today!
  • Options

Sorry conn. 

My uncle has been in the hospital since Friday/Saturday.  They did a bronchoscopy yesterday and I was convinced it was going to come back he had lung cancer.  Thank goodness it's only viral pneumonia.  He should be home Friday! 

• Options
    Oh I'm glad it's not cancer and he'll be home soon! 
  • Options
    It's not Friday, so it sucks.

That's all I've really got today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards