Wedding Woes

I haven't had an IL gripe in awhile

(probably because we barely see them)

MIL, sFIL, and GMIL are basically retired.  sFIL does a Satuday morning radio show and does some announcing for hs soccer and college basketball.  MIL volunteers. 

MIL has been making noise lately that she never gets to see the kids.  "Why did they get to spend 2 nights with 6's parents?"  Because my parents asked and picked a date.  Last time I tried to schedule something with MIL it was "the only day we have free is Tuesdays."  You know a school day.

SFIL can't come to any soccer games because of the other team he announces for.  sMIL and GMIL were supposed to come Saturday, but for some reason GMIL can't and now sMIL doesn't want to come because she "has to help" sFIL .  Apparently they can only travel in packs now.

I know I'm the only one that can let her make me feel guilty, but I do feel guilty that she doesn't see the kids as much.  On the flip side it's BY HER CHOICE. 

Re: I haven't had an IL gripe in awhile

• living 1500 or so miles from your family can be a good thing at times. 
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2015
    6fsn said:

I know I'm the only one that can let her make me feel guilty, but I do feel guilty that she doesn't see the kids as much.  On the flip side it's BY HER CHOICE. 

Just try to keep this in mind.  You really shouldn't feel guilty.  And it's not like you say no every single time or keep the kids from them.  You do a fair amount of inconvenient meet-ups in the summer (even after the original plan was cancelled by her).  I have never heard a story of how she cancelled her own plans to be with your kids, and that's her choice.  But when she's keeping score, it makes her look like an asshole.
  • DH reminds me it's not my fault too. 
  • and browns season just started!
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    Yea - my IL's live 10 minutes from here and they spend more time in the course of a year with my family who lives 230 miles away...  You know - the car works both ways...  If they want to spend more time with the kids, just let me know when LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards