Not Engaged Yet

Thankful Thursday

2»

Re: Thankful Thursday

• @eilis1228 don't make me cry. thank you!

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 I'm supposed to walk with my friend today so hopefully she doesn't bail on me so I can accomplish that today! 
    I could never get my H to massage my feet- he hates feet, I can't even touch his without him freaking out. If I'm pregnant someday with swollen feet he is going to have to get over it!
    I don't see the point in abstaining a few weeks before the wedding. If you've already had sex I think it's just silly! A lot of people tried to convince me not to stay in the same hotel room with H the night before the wedding. I'm like who cares??

• Gah!!!! I'm sorry I have no time to play or post personals but...

I'm thankful for all of you NEYrs.  When I need stress breaks in my day I come here and see all the support for each other and it makes me have all the feels.

I am NOT thankful for the fact that I worked a 11 hour day Monday, 13 hour day Tuesday, a 16 hour day Wednesday and today looks like it will be even longer.  Sigh.  

I am also thankful for H, who lets me whine to him all the time.  
  • @swazzle I'll be in touch once my kitchen is hooked up and I'm not living like a hobbit.

@eilis1228 Our house.  The addition is really just a mud room and half bath between the house and back porch. We thought it would take a week or two so it was last on our list.  It has needed more construction than the entire house.  Basically these people had a deck that they decided to put up walls so they could put in a half bath.  There was no foundation and the addition was floating next to the house.  This is how bad it looked after he ripped up the flooring and old deck (that was rotting out).  The purple light is the house.  How this addition didn't collapse we have no idea.  I'll get some pictures tonight of what it looks like now.

• @minskat30 - Nooooooo those are such long workdays! I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend planned. 

• @swazzle - He's from Ireland.

@eilis1228 - It's so awesome to have a job you love!

@speakeasy14 - Those pics are scary!
  • @speakeasy14 OMG that is terrifying! Holy crap! I'm glad your BF started renovations on it because that would have been a nightmare to discover after it'd collapsed.

@jenjen047 Definitely! I feel so lucky to have found this wonderful company.

@lavenderfields13 Eh, even if she bails, just listen to an audiobook or a podcast or something and walk alone. You got this!

@peaseblossom55 I only speak the truth!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @minskat30 Ugh that is so crappy about your work schedule right now.  I hope it gets better and you can enjoy your weekend!

Anniversary

• Good idea @eilis1128! Any suggestions for podcasts? I've never listened to any besides the first (only?) Serial. Before that I didn't even know WTH a podcast was lol.

• @lavenderfields13 If you liked Serial, you should try Undisclosed. It's a continuation of the story and really delves into the investigation itself.

• @minskat30 hopefully that crazy schedule will be over soon!  Is it for a big case or multiple?
  • eilis1228 said:
    @lavenderfields13 If you liked Serial, you should try Undisclosed. It's a continuation of the story and really delves into the investigation itself.
    Agree with this! Undisclosed is fantastic! 

• @minskat30 hopefully that crazy schedule will be over soon!  Is it for a big case or multiple?
    Its a large equity investment combined with all the other million legal issues and deals our team is in charge of.  The equity investment will be over by Friday God-willing.  
  • minskat30 said:
    @minskat30 hopefully that crazy schedule will be over soon!  Is it for a big case or multiple?
    Its a large equity investment combined with all the other million legal issues and deals our team is in charge of.  The equity investment will be over by Friday God-willing.  

Equity investments are not fun. But just think of the paycheck once it is over! 
  • I literally want to cry right now, one member on my team at work left for a new position in August, we still haven't hired his replacement.  I found out the other person left on my team is leaving for a new position October.  So I will be the only person doing this job in firm, no one is left on the team.  I was never made team lead, not that there is a team to lead anymore and we are in the process of creating some new procedures.  It's upsetting and feels very very stressful.

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes LOL I guess no one will notice if everyone is crying. :-P

• @peaseblossom55 - That's so frustrating. Even though there is no team to lead anymore, you should still be made team lead (or something).

@eilis1228 - I listen to the song FI and I plan to dance to as our first dance at least twice a week. And I always cry.
  • @casey1219 - I do love it. I gave it up for 10 days once, and I was fine, but I just like life with Coke in it better than life without Coke. I still don't drink it every day, though :)

@eilis1228 - I had a long talk with DH about how he needed to make sure they covered things up today. He said they did cover the stairs (which has a $$$ runner on it that now has plaster on it) but obviously they didn't do a great job, and they were not cognizant of where they were walking with their dirty shoes, so I don't have high hopes for what it will look like when I get home. Also, that song is really pretty!! Good luck not crying, though. Ha.

@peaseblossom55 - That sounds like a stressful work environment. Is your supervisor/boss someone you can talk to about all the changes and what their plan is for having one person do the work of three?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @jenjen047 I think so too!  I think they are looking to hire more and add on to the team.  There is too much unknown at this point really.

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger Yes plans to discuss this tomorrow.  I'm also going to annoyed if any of the new people they hire are made a team lead, versus someone who has been a part of the team and function since it started (me).  I've always made it clear I was interested in taking on a leadership position, and my boss has always said he wanted to train us to lead and manage this project.

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 - Unknown is so hard, I'm sorry. Here is some gratuitious man candy to make it better:

• Hi girls. Sorry been busy and MIA... I wanted to stay in the groove of things, but looking for a second or better job is consuming my life ugh! I also am having the worst period ever which sucks. And between work, job hunting, meal prepping (we are trying to lose and maintain our weights and eat healthier), Buster care and chores I'm overwhelmed! Wedding planning is luckily not in the works yet...

Over the weekend I visited my family. Then I worked hear and there. My one client got a new job doing carts at Walmart instead of overnight stocking which I love more but I sit in the shade and watch haha... The other is a dishwasher at red robin and I'm gonna get fat with all the free food they give me while I'm there. If I didn't explain before I am a job coach and observer for adults with special needs. I love my clients and job it's just super part time and not much hourly so I need more to make ends meet.

I feel so accomplished today! I went to two interviews, meal prepped (shrimp and vegetable stir fry and sautéed sweet potatoes), did a load of laundry, did the dishes and unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned our bathroom, organized our room a bit, cleaned the kitchen, organized the Mail on the coffee table a little bit, and made some iced tea for the tea pitcher.

Im pooped but I wanna do something so I'm trying to get Cory in the mood to go out and he's snuggling with Buster watching a movie. It's his only day off til Tuesday!

We booked a weekend double date style with my dad and stepmom for my 30th birthday October 9th in San Diego so I'm looking forward to it and counting down the days!

Hope everyone is well!

Including a pic of my little guy- isn't he so cute? Hard to say no to that face!!!
  • @peaseblossom55 - Let us know how that discussion goes! Fingers crossed!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger Had a good talk with my manager I'm keeping up with the same level of work as always and productivity will just fall until replacements come on board so I know I won't be stressed which is good.  Although I am just upset I've expressed my desire for leadership roles, he has said he wanted to give us leadership roles and there is an opportunity and it doesn't seem to be happening.  Although nothing is official I have some hope but not much.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards