Wedding Woes

This is DH and me and he's learned to get over it

Dear Prudence, 
My fiancée likes to go to bed around 8:30 to 9 every night. She needs to get at least eight hours of sleep, otherwise she’s really tired the next day. I have never been a “go to bed early” kind of person. I usually go to bed sometime between 11 and 11:30. As a result, there is always some animosity at night when she heads to bed and I do not come with her. I have tried offering this solution: I come into the bedroom with her for 15 to 20 minutes and snuggle with her until she falls asleep, then I leave. But she gives me a hard time when I go. What should I do?

—Not Sleepy

Re: This is DH and me and he's learned to get over it

• I usually get up before DH, so I usually go to bed before he does.  When I go to bed first, I get to watch whatever I want on Netflix, no whinging, and I don't have to listen to him snore.  Don't mess up a good thing.
  • OMG! That is so me and my fiance! I like to go to bed early b/c I need a lot of sleep (and have trouble falling asleep sometimes) and he likes to stay up all hours. It's not a big deal during the week and he normally goes to bed when I do just for the cuddles, but the weekend is a totally different story.

I start to get tired and wanting to go to bed around 11-12 whereas he likes to stay up until 6am! I've tried to explain I have never been able to adjust my sleep schedule rapidly. If i stay up until the wee hours on a Friday or Saturday, it's almost a week before I'm back in the right pattern for work. He comes from a family of night owls and I routinely get turned into the "bad guy" when I want to go home "early" (around 1 am). My fiance and I drive separate cars over to his mom's in an effort to minimize the controversy (so I can leave when I want), but they still make comments to him (and sometimes me) in a mean way).  Needless to say, I can handle his family, but I refuse to spend every weekend over there. Typically I go every other time my fiance does.... unless there is a birthday.... like tonight (BOO).

That, and they all pressure me to get drunk. Sometimes I just want to yell 'GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS! I DON'T DRINK TO GET DRUNK! ONE OR TWO IS PLENTY FOR ME!!!!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just grab a blanket and pillow and lay out on the sofa. Add and few snores and they will get the message.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards