Snarky Brides

Wedding Snark

So a former colleague of mine got married this morning at sunrise. I saw a photo posted on FB. He wore jeans and an untucked (wrinkled) white button-down shirt. The WP (his college-aged kids and 2 others that I assume to be hers) wore pajamas and bathrobes. Not even cute ones.

I'm sorry, but if I had gotten out of bed and dressed at 5am on a Saturday to see you get married, I would hope that you too would make a similar effort.

In other news, bachelorette part 1 was tons of fun last night. It will continue this morning when everyone else wakes up and the mimosas start bubbling :)

So what's the worst themed/tacky attire etc... wedding you've attended?

Re: Wedding Snark

• Never been to a badly dressed or themed wedding. I had to eat off styrafoam plates at one wedding. It was interesting trying to cut things with my plastic knife and fork... it was a somewhat fancy wedding aside from that.
  • So a former colleague of mine got married this morning at sunrise. I saw a photo posted on FB. He wore jeans and an untucked (wrinkled) white button-down shirt. The WP (his college-aged kids and 2 others that I assume to be hers) wore pajamas and bathrobes. Not even cute ones. I'm sorry, but if I had gotten out of bed and dressed at 5am on a Saturday to see you get married, I would hope that you too would make a similar effort. In other news, bachelorette part 1 was tons of fun last night. It will continue this morning when everyone else wakes up and the mimosas start bubbling :) So what's the worst themed/tacky attire etc... wedding you've attended?
    I wouldn't really snark on this wedding - who cares about their WP attire - except that guests were invited? And people came? Are you serious?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So a former colleague of mine got married this morning at sunrise. I saw a photo posted on FB. He wore jeans and an untucked (wrinkled) white button-down shirt. The WP (his college-aged kids and 2 others that I assume to be hers) wore pajamas and bathrobes. Not even cute ones. I'm sorry, but if I had gotten out of bed and dressed at 5am on a Saturday to see you get married, I would hope that you too would make a similar effort. In other news, bachelorette part 1 was tons of fun last night. It will continue this morning when everyone else wakes up and the mimosas start bubbling :) So what's the worst themed/tacky attire etc... wedding you've attended?
    I wouldn't really snark on this wedding - who cares about their WP attire - except that guests were invited? And people came? Are you serious?
    Exactly. If everyone's properly hosted, who cares what everyone wears? Etiquette doesn't dictate dressing up to your guests' standards. It sounds like a pretty casual affair. 

All that said, ditto what spockforprez said. People were invited (and actually showed up) at sunrise for this shindig? Good grief.
  • This is still Snarky Brides right? For a second I thought I made a wrong turn and landed in etiquette;). I went to a wedding that had Carmel apples for desert. Except they were so hard they were inedible. One of our friends took his home and threw it on his driveway and it still didn't break.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards