Connecticut

DJ Budget and Recommendations

Hi! Anyone have any good DJ recommendations? We're looking for someone who can play today's hits, jazz and samba. We're hoping to find a DJ for 6 hours and for under $1,000. Is this possible or is our budget unreasonable?

Re: DJ Budget and Recommendations

• I found $1,000 - $1,300 to be typical for DJs. You might have a tough time finding someone for under $1,000. We went with Spin Doctor Entertainment and are paying $1,300 for 5 hours plus 30 min ceremony. Haven't had the wedding yet but he has good reviews. 

I found the big companies that have multiple DJs to be more expensive - Spin Doctor is a solo operation. Good luck in your search. 
  • @hteverywhere15 is right, those are typical rates.  I booked DJae Melee for around that for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.  If you search this board you will find more recs and reviews for other price points.  I'm sure any of the experienced DJ's can accommodate the style you are looking for.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks!! Sounds like we will need to adjust our budget a bit. :) 
  • KateandDan29KateandDan29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2015
    We're using Lights Camera DJ for all of our entertainment and memory making. They're in Milford. As a whole it was $6000 for 2 photographers for 9 hours, engagement picture shoot, leather bound wedding album, 5 hour photo booth, DJ for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, complete  lapel mic set for officiant and groom, and up lighting. 

This was our splurge. Our wedding is in 10 days and I can already say this is the best decision. I've had so many questions on more than what they specialize in. These people know weddings.
  • @kateanddan29 Where is your wedding?  How are you feeling about everything? When you get back and settled please post lots of pics and reviews.  We haven't had any CT wedding reviews in a while. Wishing you a relaxed and fun week before the wedding.  :)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards