Not Engaged Yet

Wonderful Wednesday

Morning!

Yesterday after work I sooooo didn't want to work out. It's the first time since I started getting healthy that I felt the old Swazzle creep in and try to persuade me to get on the couch and watch TV. I thought up every single excuse possible. And then when I got to my house... I changed into my workout clothes and I went for a run. Who is this person?! I don't know but I like her :) 

After my run, I cooked dinner (HC Avocado Pasta, YUM!), ate dinner, showered, and then lounged on the couch with H for about 30 minutes and then it was time for bed. 

Tonight, we're going to play tennis for a bit then the rest of my night will look exactly the same as last night but I'm making HC Apple Cider-Brined Salmon with Tarragon Mustard Cream Sauce and Green Beans. I'm SO excited for this meal, I can't even. And tonight is the Big Brother finale so somehow I have to stay up until 11pm. That's going to be difficult! 

My Wednesday is going to be wonderful because it's the 2 weekiversary of joining the gym and becoming active and being a healthier me. I'm still feeling motivated and I love it! 

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

• Great job @swazzle ....seriously awesome motivation! AW your dinner please?

@cocobellaf - That looks amazing.  

My day is... not so wonderful.  I did manage to get a 45 minute spin class in yesterday, which I'm proud of, but had a 15 hour day yesterday at work and was just wiped.  When exhausted I sometimes snore and about 2 hours into my sleep H woke me up from a deep sleep and felt the need to tell me to stop snoring.  I was so pissed I slept in the other room.  I would get it if my snoring was an everyday thing and I know he needs his sleep too but I didn't sleep hardly at all as a result.  

I have another full day today and I just pray this deal closes today so I can be done with it.  
  • @CocoBellaF - We were totally on the same wavelength last night. It took everything in me to cook dinner after running. I just had to look up hashweh because I've never heard of it. It looks/sounds yummy! 

@minskat30 - I forgot to take a pic last night, it was sooo good though. Or do you mean tonight? I will totally AW tonight, I know it's going to be delish! Vibes for an easier Wednesday! 

@buddysmom80 - Thank you for the encouragement last night! I LOVE meatloaf, that sounds so good. Do you add ketchup to the top? A "little bit" of frosting? What are this? I still need to watch season 1 of Empire :(

• @Swazzle - This is the base recipe I use: LINK  It's very good, but if you ever make it be sure to make a little bit extra of the spice mix and use some of it when you cook the meat.

@minskat30 - I would have been all RAWR too!!

@buddysmom80 - Yeah, I'm on the "what is a 'little' bit of frosting" train.  ALL THE FROSTING.
  • @swazzle I'm glad I could help with the encouragement (from my couch while watching TV lol). I LOVE ketchup on my meatloaf, this recipe you brown some onions in the PC then add ketchup and beef broth (since the PC needs liquid in order to cook stuff or something, I don't know) then you put the meat loaf on top, so I guess you spoon the sauce over. We're going to have a ton of leftovers so it'll be meatloaf sandwiches for lunch which I'm more excited about. I don't get H and his dislike of frosting or anything sweet for that matter. 

@minskat30 I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. As someone who snores a lot, tell H to invest in ear plugs.

@cocobellaf I would rather have frosting than cake. This year, my CW (who is also a frosting AND candy corn addict, we're a rare breed) bought me a can of funfetti frosting for my birthday. She's the best.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Morning everyone!
    @swazzle awesome job at getting to the gym! I'm the queen of making excuses to get out of things lol

@minskat30 I'd be pissed too if I was woken up for that. Sorry about your long day :(

So I do indeed have a sinus infection :scream:, caused by my allergies of course. I'm absolutely miserable with it but it should clear up soon. Amd I finally got my new phone! I can see the keyboard now! So far I love it but its twice the size of my iPhone so its taking some getting used to.

Also I brought my grade up in finance to a c!! I used almost half of my tutor hours but my professor told me to focus on my participation because those are easy points I'm not getting. Hopefully I can keep this up lol.
  • @buddysmom80 I would totally eat a can of funfetti frosting too. That stuff is so good!
  • I'd rather eat cookie dough than frosting.  I like frosting WITH cake, but not so much by itself.  Cookie dough is a completely different story.
  • edited September 2015
    @Swazzle wow that 2 weeks flew by. You're doing so awesome! 

@minskat30 Ughh 15 hours? I hope you can get some good sleep soon!

@untouchablets I hope your sinus infection is gone soon. Luckily I've never had one but they sound awful. Good job on bringing your grade up too!

Yesterday I stopped by the library on my way home to drop off a couple books and pick one up- I now have like 6 books at home that I need to read. The one I'm reading now I haven't got really into yet, I think it's just not my thing.
    Then I went for my regular walk with my friend, came home, did a load of laundry, showered, had a shake, read and went to bed. 
    Today I need to make myself do a workout video and then I'm supposed to go over to a friend's for a game night around 6. I like to be home and settled by like 8 lol so I'm really not looking forward to going out on a Wednesday. I'd much rather Saturday :(

• I'd rather eat cookie dough than frosting.  I like frosting WITH cake, but not so much by itself.  Cookie dough is a completely different story.
    Yes- cookie dough and brownie batter! I could eat a whole bowl of brownie batter. I always have to force myself to stop!

• @swazzle - I wanted to see your last night's dish but I'd love to see this night's as well.  ;)

@buddysmom80 - The irony is he woke me up with his snoring Monday night/Tuesday morning and I didn't complain at all.  I told him that this morning and I think he felt bad.  He did apologize this morning so there is that.  Earplugs for him during these stressful deal days for me might be a good investment.

• Hi everyone! I was on the cruise for a week and then I've been out of work sick for the last 2 days. The cruise was awesome, we liked each island more than the last. Saw lots of old forts (we love history) and lots of beach & swim time. H was anxious because he had never been on one but he didn't get sick at all and he loved it. And I'm getting a facial tonight, my aunt works at the spa so she always gives me like 60% off woohoo. I probably missed a lot around here....

@swazzle great job working out! Keep it up! What is HC? A different type of BA I'm guessing?

@cocobellaf mmm I love thighs

@minskat30 ugh that sucks sorry he woke you up

@buddysmom80 My H is boring with flavors too! Every time at the Cheesecake Factory he orders a slice of plain and I'm like WHAT?! Look at all these options?!

@lavenderfields13 I bought a book in the airport to read and so far I'm loving it. It's by Sophie Kinsella and I believe it's called "Shopaholic to the Stars" or something like that. I feel like I'm watching an episode of Real Housewives or something while reading it, which is the "easy" read style I enjoy lol.

@southernpeach89 Good luck & vibes for Callie coming very soon!!

Yes- cookie dough and brownie batter! I could eat a whole bowl of brownie batter. I always have to force myself to stop!
    OMG yum! I want all the sugary things now.
  • @TwoDimes OMG LOL! I'm so glad I was in your dream!!! Hopefully your dream will come true and you can meet @labro and myself!
  • @cocobellaf I'm with you on the cookie dough too. One day I made slutty brownies and it was like all of my favorite desserts in one pan. Cookie dough, brownie batter and oreos!!!!! I almost went into sugar shock!

@minskat30 H uses his all the time, if I sleep on my stomach though I don't snore which is weird, I've been tested for sleep apnea and I don't have it, but H does (he's actually picking up his CPAP machine right now). H is a light sleeper too, I've slept through tornadoes, hurricanes and blizzards, so I'm a heavy sleeper.

@twodimes, I read your post really fast and I thought this really happened. Then I read it again. I need more coffee.

@peaseblossom55 I never thought about having more sweets for myself, good way to put it in perspective. Did you get a sleep number bed? We're looking to upgrade to a king size and I really want a sleep number so I'll take any real testimonials I can get to convince H that we need one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @twodimes ha ha awesome dream

@jenna8984 glad you enjoyed the cruise.  Sorry you are sick.  I always seem to get sick after a vacation :-(

Anniversary

• Part of my dream last night was about egg-drop soup.  I woke up this morning sad that I didn't have any.
  • @buddysmom80 yes we did get the sleep number.  We got the ILE it was great in the store and I hope so at home. They were having a big sale on them over labor day weekend.  They have their big sales labor day and presidents day they told us.

Anniversary

• @jenjen047 I'm not sure what the snoring thing is.... now I'm curious H sometimes snores and I'm wondering if I've missed out.  We have the Sleep IQ thing though. 

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger - I'm a light sleeper...unless I'm two sheets to the wind ;) lol.  I usually can fall back asleep but I was honestly so angry at being woken that I couldn't sleep.  I also don't sleep well without H, which I know is stupid but I've just gotten used to it over the years so sleeping in the guest room I was sort of like this...

Angry Frustrated animated GIF

I knew if I fell asleep again before him though I would just start snoring again from the exhaustion, which would keep him up and he'd just wake me up again so I figured it was a lose/lose to stay in bed with him.  Your dinner sounds amazing by the way.

@jenna8984 - Welcome back!  How was St Lucia?  AW your vacation please.  

@TwoDimes - Your dream is hilarious!

@peaseblossom55 - Hugs, I'm sure her photos will be beautiful and I'm glad you will have them.
  • @peaseblossom55 - I think it's if you have an adjustable base model? It's called Partner Snore I think, and basically just allows you to raise their head so they stop snoring.

@buddysmom80 - We have had our Sleep Number since last June and I have to say, I'm not a huge fan. If you like to site on the edge of your bed, eventually the foam that makes up the perimeter of the bed weakens and stops holding its shape, so the bed starts to sag and just looks stupid. Also, because the insides are made of plastic, it is VERY LOUD when you roll over. Just my $0.02. I hope @peaseblossom55 has a better experience!
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    OH also in case anyone is interested, Old Navy is having a 40% off sale and free 2 day shipping on orders over $75. It ends today and the promo code is START. I bought a TON of new clothes for fall....including some maroon pants (inspired by @swazzle).

ETF: typos.
  • @swazzle Kudos to you for keeping up the motivation. You are awesome.

@CocoBellaF That dinner looks fantastic. The roasted green beans sound heavenly. (I'm almost 26 and have just recently figured out that I love green beans. Better late than never, I guess.)

Last night was great, really. BF and I had a delicious dinner that my mom made at my house. Then, we went to church for a revival. We came back, hung out on the couch and watched last night's episode of DWTS. Team Bindi all the way.

Today, BF and I have been together for 1.5 years. I know it might not be a huge deal to anyone else, but I'm so proud of it. We've come through quite a few things together, and I'm thankful to have him. I'm kinda sad though. He will probably work late, so I don't know that we'll really do anything, but I hope we at least get some time together.

Hoping tonight to catch up on some cleaning if I can. I need to get rid of some clutter desperately.

Happy first day of fall, everyone!
  • @beachyone15 I hope we enjoy it too

@jenjen047 We did not get the adjustable base at all.  SIL has it and doesn't like.  I hope we don't have some of the issues you do.  I'm looking forward to it.

@swazzle yum that looks so good! I'm now so hungry.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards