Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Cheap Honeymoon Ideas

Hello! While we have some time before our wedding (Sept 4 2016), we are researching honeymoon destinations/ideas. I think we are going to be paying for it, unless FIL's offer to pay for it. We aren't expecting FIL's to pay for it at all, but FMIL seems very keen on where our ideal honeymoon would be and wanting to know prices/details of it. So for now we need some ideas for an affordable honeymoon. I'm open to anything at this point, as long as it's not staying in the midwest. We would prefer to be on a beach somewhere, or maybe in the mountains locked away in a cabin. Any suggestions?

Budget is preferably under $2k.

Re: Cheap Honeymoon Ideas

• Options
    Where are you traveling from? Do you want to drive or fly? How many days would you like to be on your HM for? 
  • Options
    Traveling from Indianapolis, IN. If its within continental US we would drive. Otherwise fly. Getting married on a Sunday so would like honeymoon to be from like Monday to Monday or Tuesday to Tuesday. Just depends on how far we'd be going I guess.
  • Options
    Here are some ideas. I don't know for sure that they will be under your budget 

Outer Banks, NC 
    Asheville, NC 
    The Poconos in PA 
    East Coast beaches (New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland)
    Catskill area in upstate NY 
    Charleston, SC 
    Savannah, GA 

I don't know how far of a ride New Orleans would be, but it's a fun city. 
  • Options
    Here are some ideas. I don't know for sure that they will be under your budget 

Outer Banks, NC 
    Asheville, NC 
    The Poconos in PA 
    East Coast beaches (New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland)
    Catskill area in upstate NY 
    Charleston, SC 
    Savannah, GA 

I don't know how far of a ride New Orleans would be, but it's a fun city
    It's about 12.5 hours (I lived in both cities).  It's an easy ride.  You can break it up by taking the I-55 route and stopping in Memphis or a night or more.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I live in Central IL and we drove to Florida for our HM. We did a 7 day cruise on Royal Caribbean and spent a week in Orlando doing theme parks for around 2k, less than that I believe. We didn't go high end on our rooms or restaurants (no balconies or suites, no spending hundreds on one meal), but we had a great time. It was also not peak season either, which meant prices for tickets at the parks and rate for the cruise were cheaper (we went in September). We stopped at iconic/interesting places to eat in Nashville and Atlanta on the way down too.

We just did another cruise out of Galveston, TX for 7 days with Royal Caribbean that cost us approximately $1,500 or less including gas (we drove from central IL again), hotels (on the way down and back) and souvenirs. If you wanted, there is a port in New Orleans as well where you could take a cruise and then spend some time in the city.

Lots of good options in your price range. Cruises can be cheaper per day than staying in hotels in a big tourist destination place once you factor in hotel room, food and entertainment.
  • Options
    We've been looking into a cruise, and are leaning towards that if we can't decide on one single location. Thanks for all the suggestions :) We have some more research to do!
  • Options
    I just returned from my 20th (I counted it up on the ship) cruise to Norway.  If you have any questions about cruising, feel free to PM me, or just ask!  Cruises are usually very budget friendly.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Mexico is always an inexpensive option, with a lot of options of resorts to stay at, east or west coast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards