Budget Weddings Forum

PEri wedding parties/meals

We are on a budget as well. I have concentrated our funds on the reception...great food with a nice variety, great desserts, beautiful venue,e tc.
Most of our guests are coming in from pout of town. 
I cannot afford to invite all out of town guests to a rehearsal dinner(just the people directly involved will be 16-20 people), nor can I afford a next day brunch. 
What have you all done as an alternative? 

Re: PEri wedding parties/meals

• You are not required to host out of town guests beyond the wedding reception, so you are fine. I didn't invite out of town guests to our rehearsal dinner or to a day-after brunch. It simply wasn't in our budget when we were planning, and we had no idea until we received all the RSVPs that we'd have extra money due to a large number of declines (most at the last minute, of course). We just made sure our reception was fully hosted.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• We won't be doing either I believe. My cousin did a picnic at the park the next day for anyone that wanted to come by, serving leftovers from the wedding (including the unopened wine/beer ^_^). It worked out well, was super casual, nobody had to come, and everyone got to sleep in if they wanted. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You aren't required to invite them to either one, so don't worry about it!  The only people you need to invite to the RD are those who are actually required to attend the rehearsal.  The brunch the next day - if you're getting a hotel room for your wedding night "Meet in the hotel breakfast area at 9:30"...  Really, the only reason for the brunch is if you're doing a public gift opening (NAF!!!!!) with your family/friends/guests/grab the rentals so only one person has to return them all/etc.  Not to cheap out, but I think if your hotel offers a breakfast that'd suffice or meet at the pool at 8AM instead of a gift opening or the like for a group that small if you wanted a casual "we'll be here at x time" type get together and chat with people you don't get to see all the time...
  • MesmrEwe said:
    You aren't required to invite them to either one, so don't worry about it!  The only people you need to invite to the RD are those who are actually required to attend the rehearsal.  The brunch the next day - if you're getting a hotel room for your wedding night "Meet in the hotel breakfast area at 9:30"...  Really, the only reason for the brunch is if you're doing a public gift opening (NAF!!!!!) with your family/friends/guests/grab the rentals so only one person has to return them all/etc.  Not to cheap out, but I think if your hotel offers a breakfast that'd suffice or meet at the pool at 8AM instead of a gift opening or the like for a group that small if you wanted a casual "we'll be here at x time" type get together and chat with people you don't get to see all the time...
    And their SOs.

As far as having a non-hosted breakfast after the wedding that's fine as long as it's carefully worded ("We'll be having breakfast at the hotel around X o'clock if you want to stop by; they have a great buffet for only $Y.) and spread by word of mouth.

• We only had 25 guests, but everyone was OOT.  We invited everyone to our rehearsal dinner, but we just ordered some pizza and soda. Very informal and cheap. We asked our hotel and they allowed us to use the main dining/lounge area at no cost, as long as we kept noise down, didn't stay too long, and cleaned up afterward. My sister had a BBQ at my parents house. Again, cheap & informal.

But, like others said, inviting anyone, other than wedding party, to rehearsal dinner isn't required. And there is no requirement for day after activities.  These people are adults and can feed themselves. You are only required to host them at the wedding & reception.

• What does PEri mean?

• Viczaesar said:
    What does PEri mean?
    Judging by the other typing errors I think it's meant to be "pre wedding parties."
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • spockforprez No not a typo smartypants!!,LOL!!  PERI means around.   But thank you for the sarcasm regarding the 1 typing error..

The the question were just for PRE wedding parties I would have put this post in that forum. 

Viczaesar  Thank you for the great idea about wording for a brunch!!  Extremely helpful!  
  • doclago said:
    spockforprez No not a typo smartypants!!,LOL!!  PERI means around.   But thank you for the sarcasm regarding the 1 typing error..

The the question were just for PRE wedding parties I would have put this post in that forum. 

Viczaesar  Thank you for the great idea about wording for a brunch!!  Extremely helpful!  

Er... I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I thought you had meant to write "pre." There were other typing errors (which are NBD), so I think it was a reasonable assumption. Never heard of the word peri, thanks for the new knowledge! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards