New Jersey

SHOES!

I'm having trouble finding somewhat comfortable shoes.  Looking for a low heel.  I've probably ordered 30 pairs.  None are working.  I'd appreciate recommendations for either a comfortable wedding/evening shoe brand or a store in Northern NJ that specializes in wedding shoes (not a chain store - I've tried them all - Macys, Bloomies, Davids, Nina, etc).  THANKS!

Re: SHOES!

• Are you 100% dead set on wearing white/ivory/silver "bridal" shoes? I decided I wanted to invest in a pair of "good" "designer" shoes that I would be able to wear to other events in the future (we are one of the first of my friends getting married) so I went with black Badgley Mischka heels that I will wear during photos, the ceremony, and the dances and then I'm changing into black wedges I already have that are about the same height so I won't have issues with my dress length when I switch. 

Maybe try some of the bridal boutiques? Bijou in Paramus is very large for dresses so I assume they would also carry shoes- I bought my dress at I Do I Do in Morristown and they have shoes... and I believe (don't quote me) that Park Ave in Verona has shoes as well if you are looking for more "bridal" type shoes.

• I'm having trouble finding somewhat comfortable shoes.  Looking for a low heel.  I've probably ordered 30 pairs.  None are working.  I'd appreciate recommendations for either a comfortable wedding/evening shoe brand or a store in Northern NJ that specializes in wedding shoes (not a chain store - I've tried them all - Macys, Bloomies, Davids, Nina, etc).  THANKS!
    Hard to really get an idea of what you're looking for with just the requirement "low heel".  I wore Nina shoes - I think the heel was maybe 2 inches.  They seemed pretty comfortable, however at the end of the night I was in pain taking them off.  Whatever you buy, wear them around the house to break them in!
  • I wore Vera Wang Lavender Luna peep-toe flats. They have a tiny bit of a lift in the heel and I've worn them several times since my wedding. 

• i went to nordstrom at gsp and designed my own!
    its through shoes of prey and everything is chosen by you with their samples and swatches then you build on an ipad. heel height, color, material, peep toe, ankle strap..you name it you choose it all. 
    I was dead set on navy blue heels with lace and couldnt find them with a reasonable heel height anywhere.
    The prices are reasonable they start at $200. mine were $300 because i got a couple extras.
    They came within two weeks..and the best part was i was still able to return if they didnt work out! but i love them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards