Chit Chat

College football

2»

Re: College football

• lyndausvi said: Woohoo.  DH won both of his fantasy games.  Which is pretty good since he went into last night way behind both opponents and projected to lose both games.   Arron Rodgers having a great game put him over the edge. I won my week, but just because my opponent did even crappier than I did. I benched Jeremy Maclin because I didn't trust him, and what did he do? Score a garbage time TD on top of 100+ receiving yards. I also benched Chris Johnson, who scored 2 TDs and had 160+ rushing yards. And I started Marshawn Lynch and Jeremy Hill because they are supposed to be good, but have yet to deliver this season. Time to start benching my starters.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lyndausvi said:
    Woohoo.  DH won both of his fantasy games.  Which is pretty good since he went into last night way behind both opponents and projected to lose both games.   Arron Rodgers having a great game put him over the edge.
    I won my week, but just because my opponent did even crappier than I did. I benched Jeremy Maclin because I didn't trust him, and what did he do? Score a garbage time TD on top of 100+ receiving yards. I also benched Chris Johnson, who scored 2 TDs and had 160+ rushing yards. And I started Marshawn Lynch and Jeremy Hill because they are supposed to be good, but have yet to deliver this season. Time to start benching my starters. DH left a lot on the bench.   He benched Sproles because Philly was playing his Jets.   Ooops.  He also has Hill who hasn't given him jack shit all so far.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I have Sproles and Hill too!  I'm now 0-3.  Of course I benched Dalton, who didn't?!?! and Sproles finally decided to play ball so I think my bench had more points than I did.

Good news though is that Dez should be back in 4 more weeks, so I may end up like 2-11 or 3-10!  Woohoo!

Meanwhile FI is killing it!  He's 3-0 and his last 2 weeks were the biggest blowouts of our league.  He's salt in the wound guy right now.  We're not friends.
  • I have Sproles and Hill too!  I'm now 0-3.  Of course I benched Dalton, who didn't?!?! and Sproles finally decided to play ball so I think my bench had more points than I did.

Good news though is that Dez should be back in 4 more weeks, so I may end up like 2-11 or 3-10!  Woohoo!

Meanwhile FI is killing it!  He's 3-0 and his last 2 weeks were the biggest blowouts of our league.  He's salt in the wound guy right now.  We're not friends.
    I keep starting Hill, because I know if I bench him he'll have a good game. I suck at setting my lineup. My point total for this week as 74, but if I had made better choices I would have ended with 118 points.

One guy in our league - who actually auto-drafted because he had other plans during the draft - has Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Joseph Randle and Latavius Murray, all of whom scored 20-30 points for him this week. He ended the week with 180 points, and had he not benched Keenan Allen, he would have been over 200 (we're in a standard league, not PPR, so an average week is about 100 points). Meanwhile H and I both have one win so far. Not off to a hot start.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH is 1-2 in one league.  Lost both games by one point.  One of those games they tied and went to the bench and lost by the point.

The other league he is 2-1.

Bye weeks start this week.  Now is when it starting getting interesting.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Football is the game played with the pointy ball, right?

(Totally stole my coworker's line but you get the point.)

I will say, my alma mater has been doing really well for a MAC team. We go up against Big Ten schools once or twice a season and can win, or at least make a good showing. Since my alma mater is a pretty normal corn-town public state school, it's nice to see us on TV doing well and putting us on the map. 

Aside from that, I couldn't give a flying rat's butt about any football game. While DH watched the Bears game on Sunday, I went to a pretty amazing jazz festival. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards