Not Engaged Yet

It's Monday, again.

SwazzleSwazzle member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited September 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Good morning! How was your weekend?

I left work early Friday and took the train to @GoldenPenguin's and then she and I drove to @csousa1's house in MA. 

Here we are rocking red lipstick on our way:

When we got there, @csousa1 had made us an incredible feast! 

We spent the rest of the night chatting, laughing, drinking, and eating "sex in a bowl". We ended up staying up until 3am! Wild, party animals, I tell ya. 

On Saturday, we tried to get up early but we were definitely lagging due to lack of sleep but eventually we made it to Salem. We spent the day walking around the town and going into and out of all of the shops. The weather was so perfect! 

We decided to pay a visit to a tattoo shop where this happened (bonus points if you know what it is):

We finished off our Salem visit with pumpkin beers outside while listening to live music: 

Yesterday, we visited with @csousa1's parents for breakfast (YUM!) and then headed home. It was sad. I took the train directly back to NYC then another train from there to NJ and I was very ready to be home by the time I got there. SFIL was over to watch football with H so I made dinner and prepped my lunches for the week and then H and I just relaxed and snuggled for the rest of the night :) 

I have one of my favorite gym classes tonight after work then I'm making HC Chili-Dusted Pork Chops with Avocado Cream and Corn Saute for dinner. H has a hockey game and I'm looking forward to catching up on some shows from my DVR while he's out. 

Re: It's Monday, again.

• @Swazzle Glad you guys had fun! The girl that I puppy sat for was in Salem for a wedding the same day as your guys. 

This weekend was pretty laid back. Friday I got home and BF had done a bunch of stuff around the house which was nice. We ran to Petco to grab some things for Tess then came back and ate dinner and started the Nexflix show Narcos. It was pretty good.

Saturday we just hung out at the house. We were dog sitting so the dog got dropped off around 10 am. The pups have tons of energy so we couldn't leave them to go anywhere so we just hung out. I did laundry and some cleaning and BF painted and fixed up the shed. That night we continued watching Narcos.

Yesterday we got up early due to the dogs and watched more of the show. I had cheer and picture day so I got ready and headed off to that. When I got back we watched the end of the Pats and then headed to my parents for dinner. We hung out there until about 8 and then came home and watched more tv. We watched a total of 8/10 episodes of Narcos this weekend lol.

Now I am at work trying to get as much done as I can in three days so that we can leave for Texas on Thursday! I hope this week flys by!
    friends tv show funy
  • @lavenderfields13 - Aww congrats to your parents! I haven't had buffalo chicken dip in so long. Might need to remedy that! 

@caseface5 - We saw two weddings while we were there! 

• Morning ladies! Love the tattoo, @swazzle :)

I had a good weekend. DH had a friend in town. I went out for dinner and a couple drinks with them Friday night, then let them go off and get toasted on their own. Saturday I got up, cleaned up the kitchen from their escapades, and then had a screwdriver with them when they got up. 20 minutes later, we determined that I really needed to be ready in 2 hours, so I stopped drinking, got dressed, and ran 4 miles. Not my best decision, but at least I got it done.

Then @tuarceatha and Mr. Tuarceatha came up. The ladies and gents split up and we enjoyed a few drinks and yumminess. Then we watched football and drank more. Good times.

Yesterday we sat around and watched a lot of football. Overall, a pretty phenomenal weekend. I drank too much, but whatevs. I'm sad to be back at work today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @swazzle sounds like a great weekend! I'm curious what "sex in a bowl" is because I'm envisioning lots of chocolate

@lavenderfields13 happy anniversary to your parents :)!

@caseface5 whoo! 3 day week!

*groan* Mondays.
    So Penny woke us up at 6am {half hour before alarm goes off} because she some how got on the window screen. Good lord cat! I think I'll have to close part of the window more so she can't get in ...

Weekend was decent. Got my tea stuff in, talked to my mum and Matt's parents about tea stuff.

Organizing stuff most weekend and just relaxing because Matt's fighting a cold.

Tonight is my hour and half bus ride to my course, and who has vision problems and forgot their glasses today!?
    This girl!
    I made an appointment but I'm pretty sure my vision has changed enough I need new glasses :( Or something is going on causing my vision to be wonky.
  • @swazzle I love the tattoo but I don't think I know what it means.  Sounds like a great weekend

@caseface5 Hope the short week goes by fast so you can get to Texas. 

@lavenderfields13 When we got the new bed we put the comforter on.  I hate that it's getting cold enough that I need a comforter and socks....

I am exhausted, although I'm always tired even more so since Anneliese was born. I was incredibly shocked by my good news of no studying anymore I was almost lost on Friday night. H had hockey. I downloaded a book @Twodimes mentioned she was reading last week.  I am half way through and it's pretty good.  I love that I am able to read for fun now.  Saturday I went to yoga.  It was a different teacher and I am still really sore.

We didn't do too much on Saturday but we did go out to eat and played some video games.  I also opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate the no studying anymore.  Sunday we were going to to the Italian carnival but the idea of being around families and happy kids was too much.  My friend last minute also invited me Elsie fest but I was not in the mood.  I stayed in read, H had hockey too.  We played some video games and watched Fear The Walking Dead. 

While H was out at hockey some channel had a documentary on Anne Frank ( we named our daughter after her) I realized after watching just how appropriate her name actually is for her.  It made me happy. 

And it's Monday again, I need to do grocery shopping after work.  My back has been killing me since we got the new bed.  I keep adjusting my sleep # and nothing helps.  It's frustrating and I hope it's just the normal adjusting to a new bed thing....

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger - Sounds like an awesome weekend! 

@MissKittyDanger - There was a lot of chocolate involved!

@Peaseblossom55 - How was FTWD last night? I couldn't stay up to watch it so that's on the agenda for tonight. 

• @swazzle I like it I feel like most people are complaining it's slow but I found it got more interesting last night.  I find it interesting to see how things unfolded from the beginning even if it's not as action packed as TWD.

@twodimes My pillow is pretty new actually.  Last night I even swapped out my regular pillow and went back to my pregnancy pillow(snoogle) to see if it helped and it really didn't.  I may look for a regular new pillow anyway.

Anniversary

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    Morning everyone!! I'm in a great mood because one of my coworkers is visiting from Belgium and she brought me a box of Belgian chocolates that are filled with wine.

@swazzle Always <3 HP <3 -- also, even though they played like garbage, so glad the birds finally won a game!
    @lavenderfields13 sounds like you needed a relaxing weekend. Are you feeling better?
    @caseface5 what kind of dog did you puppysit?

Friday night we worked on the house and then went over to my bf's parents to do laundry.  I also, did dishes and cleaned out their fridge since they've been on vacation for three weeks and there was a lot of stuff left behind.

Saturday I went to the farmer's market with my mom and sister.  Unfortunately we got there later in the morning and missed out on the Macoun apples, so probably going back this weekend.  We got so much other food though, including a loaf of asiago bread that I ate all by myself. Not sorry.  Then we went to kohls to look for maternity clothes for my sister.  We found a few tops and a pair of pants for her, and then of course a few stuffed animals and books for baby.  After that I spent the rest of the weekend cleaning or organizing stuff. Tonight I'll be painting the addition since I didn't get to that this weekend.  

This week is finishing up the house stuff.  Now that we're getting to the end we've started discussing vacation options.  So we would like to get out to Mystic sometime in October to see my bf's best friend. Then probably November/December we're thinking either a trip to the Caribbean or a trip to Europe.  If we do Caribbean we'd stay at an all inclusive.  Europe is also appealing because a flight from Boston to Paris is about $300 RT right now. 

*ugh TK ate my words
  • @TwoDimes - Ugh I'm sorry you were sick all weekend. That sucks. How random that you were basically a wedding guest! I'm guessing you still had to pay for your own food and drinks, though, so that's lame. 

@Peaseblossom55 - I don't know that I think it's slow but I feel like nothing has really happened if that even makes sense? I'm looking forward to watching tonight and I guess the finale is Sunday because TWD comes back the following week? I can't wait to have Daryl back in my life <3

• Oh I finished reading The Circle.  Was anyone else disappointed with the ending? 
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @swazzle - Your weekend sounds awesome!

@cu97tiger - Wow I'm impressed you went for a run after starting to drink!

FMIL finally left yesterday. I know FI really enjoyed having her here, but we both agreed 10 days was wayyyyy too long.

Friday night I went for a run and then we took her to hibachi, which she had never had. It seems like she has never had anything except meat and potatoes: no Mexican, no Italian, no sushi. It was weird. I mean they live in Ireland, not Mars. I think she liked the hibachi, though.

Saturday FI had to work so FMIL and I ran some errands and saw The Intern. It was surprisingly good. Then we picked up FI and went down to my parents house for the night. They were away so we just enjoyed having some space and getting out of the city. We took her to an Italian restaurant, but she didn't order Italian food. One of my biggest pet peeves is picky eating. It's one thing if you've tried a food and not liked it, but to not even TRY something new really bugs me.

Yesterday I did my 18th run of the month (woo!) and then made breakfast for all of us. Tensions were running high between me and FI (we were both ready to have our lives back to normal) and we got into a ridiculous fight over a frying pan. So dumb. Luckily it was resolved quickly. Then we went for our 2nd cake tasting at this really fancy place that has won Best of Boston awards a bunch of times. We tasted 12 flavors and - I can't believe I'm about to say this- but I didn't really love any of them. There were lots of fancy flavors like chocolate with mimosa creme filling. No thanks. They sent us home with 18 different pastries from their store, which was awesome! I think we will go back for another tasting of some specific flavors we are interested in before ruling them out, though.

After FMIL left yesterday we just lounged on the couch and FI watched football. I made chicken tacos in the crock pot (and thought of @keptinstitches and @swazzle) and fell asleep around 9. FI tried to wake me up to see the moon last night but I wasn't having it. I'm kind of sad I missed it but I was way too tired to move.

ETA: tonight I will go on my 19th run and then eat leftover tacos and watch alllllll the trashy TV I have missed for 11 days. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
  • @speakeasy14 belgium chocolates filled with wine sound so amazing right now. 

@swazzle YesI know what you mean.  I felt a little less like that after last night's episode.

Anniversary

• @speakeasy14 - I was listening to the game on my phone through the Eagles app because I was on the train coming home and I was having a heart attack at the end there. I didn't love the ending of The Circle and I figured out "the twist" pretty early on too. 

@TwoDimes - I really liked The Martian and I'm glad I read it before the movie comes out. 

@jenjen047 - I wanted to stay up for the moon but around 9pm, I went outside to look for it and it was too cloudy :(

• @lavenderfields13 - Happy anniversary to your parents!

@peaseblossom55 - CONGRATS on passing your test! It sucks there was a mix-up the first time, but what a relief to have that behind you! I suggest you eat and drink all the things as a prize!

@twodimes - Feel better!

@swazzle @twodimes - Speaking of poor wedding etiquette, I have a few gems FMIL told me during her visit. Unfortunately, she did not see any of these as poor etiquette, so I just smiled and nodded:

1. In their area apparently it's not uncommon to have weekday weddings (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). I asked why (I was thinking maybe it's a Celtic tradition or something?) and she said it's cheaper. Well, obviously.....but I feel like it's incredibly rude to your guests.

2. She told me about a wedding she was at a few weeks ago where the couple wrote on the invite "cash gifts only". She thought it was lovely because they wouldn't end up with gifts they didn't want. I was at a loss.

3. It sounds like it's not uncommon for guests to only attend the reception (aka show up after dinner is served). She thought this was great because guests could work the wedding around their schedule for the day. What??
  • @beachyone15 I hope it's just new bed adjustment!

@labro how exciting I can't wait for pictures of Callie

Anniversary

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @LaBro I can't wait til you share the update that @SouthernPeach89 had Baby Callie! Sending all the wishes for a healthy delivery and baby! 

ETA: @Beachyone15 that recipe sounds wonderful! Care to share?
    friends tv show funy
  • @swazzle - your weekend and @goldenpenguin and @ csousa1's sounds like so much fun!

@cu97tiger - Ha!  Can't believe you had a screwdriver then went for a run!  Good on you, lady, for getting it in (the run that is...well, and the screwdriver).  ;)

@peaseblossom55 - I'm sorry you are having trouble sleeping.  Are you taking any unisom or anything?

@twodimes - I'm sorry about the awful TOTM.  Pulled pork nachos sounds delicious though.  I've not read the Martian but H and I can't wait to see the movie.  

@jenjen047 - Honestly, sometimes simple cake flavors are best.

@labro - THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!!!!  @southernpeach89 - ALL THE NEY VIBES FOR AN EASY LABOR

-----------------------------------------

We had a good weekend here.  I cooked on Friday for H and got him a present for our trip to India (ack, coming up in a month!).  It was a book a thought he might enjoy.  Saturday I woke up and went for a walk and it was so nice to be outside.  H and I then went to the zoo.  We had a good time but the polar bear (my favorite obviously) was pacing and that made me sad.  Zoos both make me happy and sad at the same time...not sure why I go then.  I had an ice cream in the first time since I can't even recall (mostly because they had nothing gluten free for me) then H and I vegged and watched a movie.

Sunday was food buying and food prep (yogurt parfait for H's breakfast, nut and cheese snack packs for H, banana/apple/PB snack packs for H, chicken pesto pasta for H, chicken salad for me and quinoa and beans for us both).  Whew.  

• @labro Yay!!! @southernpeach89 good luck!!! Lots of thoughts your way!! Can't wait to see pictures of Baby Callie!!!

@swazzle oh yeah that "twist" was predictable right away.

@beachyone15 haha thanks, they're so different which is making it a really difficult decision. I feel like we're going to flip a coin and that will determine our vacation.

@alpacina come back from Alaska and tell us everything!!!
  • @caseface5 - It's a stupid easy "recipe". You just put chicken breasts and a jar of hatch green chile sauce in the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred and serve. We like our tacos with cheese, sliced avocado, and tomatoes.

• @labro - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!! 

@beachyone15 - Jealous of your weekend! I think our beach weather is gone now :(

• @minskat30 no not taking anything.  Even on nights I sleep ok I wake up feeling exhausted.  Now with no studying I can get in more sleep so I hope that helps!

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 - I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope not having to study will help you!  
  • @eilis1228 - Fried goat cheese?!?  Can I come?  What are you planning on doing for decorations for Halloween?  I want to decortate but H will be gone on Halloween for India and I'll join him shortly thereafter so I feel like it would be a bit of a waste of time sadly.  
  • @minskat30 The goat cheese was soooo good! I was a little skeptical of FRIED goat cheese, but it ended up being really delicious. I forgot to mention that the best part (to me) about the rehearsal dinner is that my hotel is literally right across the street. After dinner I can just stroll back to the hotel with my MOH and pass out from the food coma. :) For Halloween, I don't do too terribly much. I've got a skull and I little sign I put on a sidetable right outside my door. I've also got a wreath for the door. Since we don't live in a house, it's hard to go nuts with Halloween decorations since those are usually lawn decorations, but I try to do something a little festive each year. We definitely don't plan to do too much this year since we're getting married the day before Halloween. I want to be able to quickly take everything down before we leave for our honeymoon on November 1.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards