New York-Long Island
Options

Allegria Hotel - Need Reviews

hey ladies...I love the Allegria Hotel but have heard such bad bad reviews on the place. We wouldn't be getting married until the fall of 2011 so we're hoping that the rooftop will be complete by then. I have specifically heard of the bad service, blah food and possibly going bankrupt and being bough out by the marriott...but would love to be proven wrong! If anyone has had their wedding or been to a wedding there RECENTLY please let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks all!

Re: Allegria Hotel - Need Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi :)  Just wanted to share some info that I have heard, that was one of my options at first but changed my mind after all of the horror stories!

My friend worked the front desk there, she got laid off because the business was doing so bad.  It is VERY over priced and unorganized.  Also, she told me that she heard through the grapevine that it may be closing.

I would definitely look further into it before planning anything.  I am getting married in November 2011 at Bridgeview Yacht Club and it is BEAUTIFUL, they just re-did it.  May be a good place to check out :)
  • Options
    JacAndRy2011JacAndRy2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I really love the place but am so scared of all the horror stories. I know the reviews were bad at first, which I could understand. However, now rumor has it that they will be closing/be bought out and how can someone take that risk? This has been the toughest decision, more than I could have imagined. One of my best friends just got married at bridgeview and it was amazing so I am sure yours will be too! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a friend of mine was supposed to get married there but the place was not completed yet, so the week before her wedding they changed her location!  I have recently been there (not for a wedding, but just to stay)  the rooms were very small... beautiful but not what I expected at all.  I never did get a chance to go to a wedding there... but I would be nervous especially if you're really looking for the rooftop to be finished!  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Fiance and I went to do a walk through of the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. We meet with Ginny and Siy. GInny was so unorganized and didn't know where any of the light switches were, where the rooms were, she didn't know any of the aritist that were drawn on a wall at the site, she had us going around and around the hotel. Knowing that we are only interested in our wedding ceremony and reception, she brought us up to a couple of rooms of the hotel for our potential guests that would stay there. (huh?!)  The rooms were stunning. The hotel itself is quite stunning and modern but it was a waste of time.

When she brought us up to the roof top we absolutely fell in love. But she did inform us that it would not be ready by May 2011 and could not guareentee anything. Upon entering her office and sitting down with her to go over numbers, she reference quite often that it was "her" hotel. The pricing is WAY over priced and we couldn't even phathom someone paying that much. especially without any guareentee's of when the roof top would be available. Ginny then began to ask us about our finances and who in our family was going to help us pay for our wedding.

Through out the entire time we were there, Siy seemed to know where everything was and all the issues pertaining to the building. She seemed great and we would have loved to speak to her. I can't see this hotel growing.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards