Not Engaged Yet
Options

See ya, September ( ::: peace sign emoji ::: )

Can you believe that it's the last day of September? It's blowing my mind how quickly this month flew. 

Overall, how was your month? 
What's something you accomplished? 
What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on? 

What are you looking forward to in October? 
Anything you're dreading?
Do you have any goals for the month? 

Re: See ya, September ( ::: peace sign emoji ::: )

• Options
    It was meh.  But we survived and I'm looking forward to October.

Running a lot.

Probably my diet; I've slacked off and have been eating a lot of things that I normally wouldn't.

Our trip to Albuquerque!  The doggie 5K.  HOPEFULLY being KU, and if not, at least a better PMDD month.

Dark evenings.  Being furloughed.  

Run a 5K on 10-17.  Run 4 miles by the end of the month.  
  • Options
    Overall, how was your month? It was pretty good, really busy with work and life. It was H's birthday month and he enjoyed his birthday!

What's something you accomplished? Ummmm, I'm getting better with meal planning and grocery shopping. I guess that's an accomplishment? I found out after 3 years it's easier to shop every week instead of every two weeks.

What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on? Working out and eating better but I did lose weight so I guess that's good?

What are you looking forward to in October? HALLOWEEN. Seriously my favorite holiday. I can't wait to decorate.

Anything you're dreading? Work?

Do you have any goals for the month? Not really. Maybe read a book. I was on a book reading kick for a while then that kind of fell off the wayside so I'm going to try to read a book a month now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    It was okay, not terrible, and not great.

I'm proud of getting everything at work squared away for the start of the school year.

My diet. I have fallen off the WW train hard and I really need to get back on. 

We have our two cheer comps that we are gearing up for. I love this time of year! I hope the girls do well.

I think everyone knows by now it's this fucking wedding LOL.

Get back on the WW train and for my cheer girls to score at least an 80 at both comps.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    decent. not great but decent.
    started building something on my own - part of a different company
    urg ... honestly? More focus on health. I've gained some weight and I'm not sure how. I'll figure it out.

3 pay month lmao
    how busy it's going to be
    just make it through. not JUST make it through .... be successful!
  • Options
    Overall, how was your month? Awesome!
    What's something you accomplished? Our first wedding anniversary and our first cruise
    What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on? nothing really...could have eaten better but it wasn't really a goal lol
    What are you looking forward to in October? Honestly, nothing. I'm not one of those people who enjoys fall at all. I sulk about how cold it gets. November & December at least bring cold but offer awesome holidays and days off from work, I feel like October offers nothing.

Anything you're dreading? cold weather.

Do you have any goals for the month? get pregnant even though I know it takes time and don't want to get my hopes too high

• Options
    Pretty good. 
    I hit my target for workouts (21... goal was 20). I hired a new employee. I started to transition my wardrobe to things more my 'style'.
    Better eating habits

Celebrating my friend's 40th birthday this weekend. Oktoberfest in a couple weeks.
    Work. It's just so jampacked these days. I get 5 minutes to check TK and that's about it!
    22 workouts. Do more around the house to ease the pressure on DH. Leave work at a normal time, even if that means working from home at night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options

Overall, how was your month? Crazy. I started a new job, teaching 3 year olds English. It is as rewarding as it is challenging. But, then sad with the passing of my dog (15 years old) and my uncle (diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago)

What's something you accomplished? I accomplished getting a job and teaching my class the letters A-I!

What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on? I need to work harder on actually cleaning my apartment. I seem to be putting it off a lot.

What are you looking forward to in October? I am looking forward to Halloween, cooler weather, and less humidity.

Anything you're dreading?My first parent’s day. I will have the mothers/fathers of all 15 kids watching me for a few hours. I have only been the teacher for 12 days.

Do you have any goals for the month? Bike to school 3 days a week and skype more with my family.

@CoCo – Way to go with all of your running! Good luck with you 5K!

@TwoDimes – budgeting is my goal starting in November. My student loans kick in then. Got any good suggestions that work for creating your own budget?

• Options
    Its mostly been an eh month.

I brought my grade in Finance up from a D to a C and it's stayed there ever since :)

Exercising... my gym routine has basically fallen off a cliff this month because school has taken up most of my free time.

My Boston trip!! I am just waiting for official confirmation that I got the weekend I want off, but it's pretty much a done deal :)

Not really DREADING but I'm sad that BF will be going away for a fencing tournament next weekend and leaving me here. BOOOO

Watching 31 scary movies and getting my life together (that's the goal every month!)
  • Options
    @swazzle LOL sorry I don't do Halloween (hides under desk)

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I don't do Halloween either. At least not with adults. I'm all for handing out candy on my porch to little kids!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I never get to do Halloween stuff because of my work schedule, but this year I am determined to dress up as Tina from Bob's Burgers and do SOMETHING. It WILL happen!
  • Options
    cu97tiger said:
    jenna8984 said:
    I don't do Halloween either. At least not with adults. I'm all for handing out candy on my porch to little kids!
    Halloween is only 1 day out of the whole month!

• Options
    Overall, how was your month? Good - stressful at times, but overall good
    What's something you accomplished? Rebuilt and finished the addition to the house
    What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on? helped more around the house. I know a lot of the construction I could not do, or my bf didn't want me to do for safety reasons, but I still wish I would have just picked up the power tools and helped him more. 
    What are you looking forward to in October? My birthday. Finally getting to take a vacation. 
    Anything you're dreading? Snow.  It always snows in October.
    Do you have any goals for the month? Get as many papers done early that I can since a lot seem to be due close together.  Finish the house, full clean of all construction materials, and turn the house from a construction zone to a home. 
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    cu97tiger said:
    jenna8984 said:
    Halloween is only 1 day out of the whole month!
    oh I thougt that was the reason you were shocked by my non-excitement for October. I don't partake in pumpkin spice lattes, and I have plenty of time for wearing cute boots and sweaters from Nov-March. Therefor nothing good in Oct. haha

• Options
    @TwoDimes YOUR DOG IS ADORABLE!! I'm sure you hear it all the time, but gorgeous eyes! Urg the colouring! *puppy-naps* Also .... how old in baby shot? So tiny :')
  • Options
    @cu97tiger @alpacina I gotta admit I am excited to give out candy too! My last house was on a dead end of old people. My new street constantly has people walking their dogs & babies, so it seems lively. And there's a house at the other end of the street that goes ALL OUT and is apparently a well known spot. Like no lie, they already have out about 79 blow up items and I've heard they go even crazier at Christmas and have a full on Santa's workshop for kids. So I'm actually pretty excited that this will bring people to my neighborhood!

• Options
    Overall, how was your month? Great - work was stressful but home life was wonderful and H and I are doing great on budget stuff.
    What's something you accomplished? Budget overhaul, paid of student loans, 30+ workouts this month.
    What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on? Diet, I did great on workouts but could do better on diet. 
    What are you looking forward to in October? Getting closer to our India trip, the change in leaves. 
    Anything you're dreading? H leaving on October 31st a week before me.  :(  Waking up freezing my butt off.
    Do you have any goals for the month? Getting my diet and nutrition in order. I need more protein, more veggies, less sugar and less salt.
  • Options
    Overall, how was your month? Pretty awesome! Bean's team hit the ground running and hasn't looked back so far.
    What's something you accomplished? I put my big girl panties on and learned to be the first to say hello and opened myself up to new people. I'm trying really hard to be the one to engage them in conversation rather than waiting for someone to engage me.
    We also got the invitations out on time.
    What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on? Should have worked harder on eating better and dropping a couple of pounds before the wedding, but oh well.
    What are you looking forward to in October? Soooooo many things! Going shopping for pearls and wedding related party outfits (shower, bachelorette, rehearsal dinner) this weekend with my SM, Bean's first tournament next weekend, bridal shower and bachelorette party with my bestest friends in the whole widest world!!! (I'm looking at you @swazzle @goldenpenguin @sak(I forgot your TK handle) @peekaboo2000 @csousa1 and then a wine weekend with my sister and SIL, then Halloween! It's a jam packed month and I love it!
    Anything you're dreading? Getting the rest of the votive thingamajigs done for the wedding, and dreading the possibility of trying to keep up with @swazzle and @goldenpeguin and ending up peeing on myself. I wouldn't be lying if I said I was seriously considering purchasing some depends or Poise to wear that night. 
    Do you have any goals for the month? Getting the rest of these damn votive candle things done and staying calm/not letting little shit stress me out. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    Overall, how was your month? September started out rocky at work but has gotten better. I'm ready for October though!

What's something you accomplished? I started working out again and eating healthier.

What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on? Giving myself breaks, especially on the weekends. Our weeks (and weekends) are always jam-packed.

What are you looking forward to in October? HOPEFULLY cooler weather and celebrating Halloween at our new house!! Looking forward to decorating and handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. Also, OUR 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TRIP to the Great Smoky Mountains!

Anything you're dreading? Running out of money for the month...we have a lot of extra expenses this month plus our trip.

Do you have any goals for the month? Enjoy it before looking forward to the holidays. Hopefully I can get myself in a better routine of working out so I'll be ready when cookie-making season comes around!

• Options
    Overall, how was your month? Pretty good overall. Not particularly noteworthy, but it was nice to have a low-key month.
    What's something you accomplished? I sorted out my knitting stash and projects, and tonight I will donate a bunch to my church. 
    What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on? I should work more on getting enough rest and keeping the house clean.
    What are you looking forward to in October? Nothing in particular at this point. I don't think I have anything noteworthy planned for next month - repairing the plumbing before the snow flies? I got nothing.
    Anything you're dreading? Nope.
    Do you have any goals for the month? Get the house clean again and sort my clothing to donate.
  • Options
    Overall, how was your month?  It was...eh, okay.  Continued settling into the new job and new city, which I love, but also dealt with quite a bit of stress and depression.

What's something you accomplished?  Established a regular yoga practice of 3-5 times per week.  It's helping with my stress levels so much!

What's something you should have done more of/worked harder on?  Getting out and getting to know people.  I joined a church, but other than that I haven't done much to get to know people.

What are you looking forward to in October?  My birthday!  Continuing the countdown to my Istanbul trip!  My first Stitch Fix!  (I really like October...)

Anything you're dreading?  More grading.  It's just the middle of the semester and everybody's getting tired.

Do you have any goals for the month?  Be better with my budget this month.  I'm doing okay, but I need to prepare for November when my student loans start coming due.
  • Options
    @labro - How is @southernpeach89 doing?  Callie?  I can't wait to see more pictures of that adorable face!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards