Chit Chat

Favorite Wedding Movie?

Mine is Betsy's Wedding....for some reason my sister and I watched it a ton growing up and I love it. Father of the Bride is obviously a top contender as well.

What are your favs?? My BFF wants to have a wedding movie marathon the weekend before the wedding :).

Re: Favorite Wedding Movie?

• Muriel's Wedding
  • The original Father of the Bride with Spencer Tracy.

• Does Sex and the City 1 count as a wedding movie? I LOVE cheesy movies so I won't change the channel if My Best Friends Wedding, The Wedding Planner, or The Wedding Date come on.
  • Every time I think of wedding movies I think of a particular scene from Revenge of the Bridesmaids. Raven Symone sucking on the Jordan almonds for a few seconds before spitting them into the favor bags they were filling cracks me up to no end. It was so unobtrusive to the rest of the scene that my friends didn't even notice it was happening when we watched the movie. They had to rewind it to see it happen after I calmed down enough to tell them why I was laughing.
  • The original Father of the Bride with Spencer Tracy.
    This one.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • I enjoy the Wedding Singer, My Big Fat Greek Wedding and the Wedding Date.  I think Father of the Bride with Steve Martin is tops though! 
  • Meet the Fockers, since Meet the Parents they weren't wedding planning yet. Not sure if this one counts, but Steel Magnolias too. One of my all time favorite movies.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Definitely The Wedding Singer
  • @hellohkb - I wasn't sure if Steel Magnolias counted as a wedding movie, otherwise I would have chosen it.  My BMs actually did a SM themed shower for me.

• @hellohkb - I wasn't sure if Steel Magnolias counted as a wedding movie, otherwise I would have chosen it.  My BMs actually did a SM themed shower for me.

I love that movie so much so I would fangirl so hard over that shower!

So your shower looked like it "had been hosed down with Pepto Bismol?" Lol, sorry that's my favorite line so I had too!
  • MrsMack10612 I've never seen the original, I'll have to look into it!

kimmiandkoley. Cheesy movies FTW!

• @kimmiandkoley - not quite that bad but lots of pink.  Mostly it was little touches of things. The favors were the plastic champagne glasses with the bottoms that snap on (unattached of course) filled with candy and other little trinkets from the movie, wrapped in 2 shades of pink (blush & bashful) tulle. They did all got pictures taken that they could photo shop into the movie poster.

@missa011 - there is also a sequel to that one too called Father's Little Dividend.  It's also about the daughter having a baby.

• Father of the Bride is my number one! I always tear up during the ceremony scene when George is going on and on about "never going to see Annie at the breakfast table in her nightgown and socks."

Second favorite is probably My Big Fat Greek wedding, because I tear up when the dad buys them a house as a wedding gift. 

Any movie that makes me tear up is good. 

• Father of the Bride!

I'm also a sucker for J-Lo movies (my guilty pleasure), so Monster in Law and Maid in Manhattan.
  • So many!

Father of the Bride
    Steel Magnolias
    Four Weddings and a Funeral
    My Big Fat Greek Wedding
    Wedding Singer
    My Best Friend's Wedding

• the Wedding Singer, but I love them all. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My Big Fat Greek Wedding  (reminds me of our first meeting with DDs FILs)

Meet the Fockers  (great cast)

I don't know how many times I've watched those movies.

• Bridesmaids- the dress shopping scene alone is one of the funniest scenes of any movie ever
  • Definitely My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It's one of those movies that I will always watch if I come across it on TV. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My Bg Fat Greek Wedding and The Wedding Singer are mine.
  • 27 Dresses, for the last scene/credits alone.
  • Father of the Bride is a big one. I hate how George is railroaded into spending so much but I still love it.

Also love My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Wedding Singer, Bridesmaids, and The Princess Bride. Bridesmaids I love but I don't feel like it's a wedding movie - more a great funny flick.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015
    I love classic old movies from TCM.

The Catered Affair with Bette Davis, Ernest Borgnine, and a young Debbie Reynolds as the bride to be.  Timeless!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049061/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • chloe97 said:

Bridesmaids- the dress shopping scene alone is one of the funniest scenes of any movie ever

That scene was so funny. My mom and I saw that movie together and when we went dress shopping we would joke we pray that doesn't happen to us.

• How am I the first to say The Wedding Date?? One of my fav movies period!
    Nothing a bottle of Jack and straight razor won't fix.
    And Dermot Mulroney :love:
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Well since its pretty much going to be my wedding.... My Big Fat Greek Wedding all the way!
  • Every time I think of wedding movies I think of a particular scene from Revenge of the Bridesmaids. Raven Symone sucking on the Jordan almonds for a few seconds before spitting them into the favor bags they were filling cracks me up to no end. It was so unobtrusive to the rest of the scene that my friends didn't even notice it was happening when we watched the movie. They had to rewind it to see it happen after I calmed down enough to tell them why I was laughing.
    I love this movie. I always get bummed every few months when netflix takes it down, until a month or two later they put it back.

But I've literally seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding more than I can even fathom, so I think it wins the favorite slot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards