Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thankful Thursday

Good morning! How goes it? 

I got my hairs did last night and I think I like it. I'm afraid it isn't blended enough which is bumming me out a bit but I suppose it'll fade a little over time so maybe it's NBD. I don't know. 

When I got home last night: 

This morning after I curled it with my BeachWaver, trying to show the color better: 

It is COLD here today and I like it. I'm wearing tan booties, navy skinnies, a white cami, and the flowy-front SF cardigan you can see in the pic above. I feel cute and Fall-y :) 

Tonight, I work until 5 and will get home around 6:30, change, and head to the gym. I need some cardio in my life. H is going to a show with friends so I'm thinking Panera for dinner, a little TV, and then bed. 

I still can't believe it's October!!!

I'm thankful for FALL! Aside from the rain, it's a lovely Fall day today and I'm excited to be wearing booties. 

I'm thankful that H cooked dinner last night and it came out well. I was stuck at the hair salon until after 8pm and I was ravenous. Dinner was ready 10 minutes after I got home and I was so grateful. 

I'm thankful for NEY. You gals are the best <3

I'm thankful for my kitten babies and my pupperoni. I love them SO much even when Booj is digging his snaggletooth into my neck at 3am because apparently that's a terrific time for snugs. I scooped him into my arms and held him and we both fell asleep and it was so precious I literally could not. 

Re: Thankful Thursday

• Options

Your outfit description really makes me want to shop, damn you! Hair looks great, I think it's really similar to the pictures from yesterday.

I'm thankful that my bosses show their appreciation and tell me what a good job I'm doing. Makes me feel accomplished!

I'm thankful that H took the less desireable leftovers for lunch today so that I could have the better ones.

@southernpeach89 I don't know you IRL but I'm thankful that you & Callie are healthy and well!

• Options
    @jenna8984 - A new season is a terrific excuse for shopping ;)

@CocoBellaF - It's 60 here right now and our high is only 65! I hope your stomach is feeling better, I love ginger ale. 

• Options
    @Swazzle - Your hair looks fabulous!  I'm jealous of your beachy waves...I always try to get them and fail miserably.

@CocoBellaF - Yay for not being furloughed!  I thought about you when I head they had passed the spending bill.

Morning everybody!  The weather here is distinctly un-fall like, but I'm in denial.  I'm wearing flats, bright pink skinnies, a black and white striped top, and a pink scarf.  If I dress like it's actually fall, maybe fall will actually come soon...?

Not much going on here today.  I dropped the Princess off at the vet this morning for her check-up and vaccines.  It's the first time she's tried a new vet since I moved...actually the first time she's tried a new vet ever, because when I got her 5 years ago I just kept her going to the same vet she had been seeing.  She went right in like a champ, though, so I'm sure everything will be fine.  The rest of the day is filled with grading and writing lectures.  I will be so glad when this semester is over and my basic preps for all my new classes will be done and I can take a bit of a break.

I'm thankful for a lot of things recently...

Thankful for BF, who even though we have to be separated is still the most supportive, loving, kind partner I could ask for.  I'm thankful that we have the ability to travel together (2 months from today is when we leave for Istanbul!), and that we can talk almost every day.

Thankful for my department at work, who has done all they can to make me feel welcome and help me adjust to the move.  Thankful to my yoga studio for the same reason!

Thankful that I've been able to take a huge step towards getting out of debt.  Yesterday, I was able to consolidate all but one of my credit card balances into a single payment with an interest rate roughly 10% lower than what I was paying.  I'm on a schedule to pay it all off within 3 years, and I finally feel like I'm not drowning.  I still have the mortgage on my house in Oklahoma and my student loans, but this is a huge step for me. I haven't been especially financially responsible in the past, and I can finally feel that changing.
  • Options

@swazzle I love it

@cocobellaF yay no furlough

I forgot to do my abs work out yesterday.  I'm bummed.  I was doing so well keeping up with working out.  I am getting so much cleaning and organizing done around the house.  It's pretty nice. It's cloudy cool and overcast.  Luckily I have no plans after work and I can just read and relax.  I hope I can finish my book tonight too!

I'm thankful for work from home Thursdays.

So thankful for my NEY friends

I'm thankful I'm not taking a test today.

I'm thankful for my husband I love him more and more every day.

Anniversary

• Options
    Morning folks!
    Left late yesterday so had to call Matt to drive me to my course or else I would have been late. Hour and a half on bus, if I miss one I'm late :(

Remember my bitching about chapter 3? Needless to say it was so difficult that we reviewed it AGAIN last night. I also have a self-test this weekend and a quiz worth 20% of my mark .... *sigh* Studying weekend!

Tonight my mum's meeting me after work since Matt's going to a football game with his buddy. Gonna pick up some groceries. Thanksgiving is coming up so we need to pick up stuff for that. Saturday or Sunday is ham with my mum and the Monday will be meal with Matt's mum side of the family.

Nights like tonight, I wish I had my license because then I wouldn't have to do multiple days of groceries or have to bus with them. *guh*

October is busy. Run down of schedule
    3rd - friend bday dinner
    4th - potential pre party tea thing
    10th or 11th - dinner with mum
    12th - dinner with Matt's fam {thanksgiving weekend}
    17th - tea launch at my place
    24th - tea and candle party at friend's
    30th - G1 and vision test

In between that are courses on monday and wednesdays .... *guh* Like I mentioned yesterday, I want October to go smoothly!
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - Your outfit sounds adorable and I request a picture.  I love the white transitioning to fall look!
  • Options
    @swazzle love the hair! And you talking about wearing booties reminded me that I need to buy another pair lol I only have one that I've worn TO DEATH

@cocobellaf yay for not being furloughed! I saw that on the news this AM and thought of you.

@buddysmom80 Call me crazy, I actually like going to the dentist and always almost fall asleep in the chair lmao it definitely helps have nice people in the office.

So last night I decided to sign up for another course, called Dog Emotion and Cognition, it's not worth any credit and it's not through my university, but I do get a certificate once I complete it so I can add it to my resume once I'm done. I can also work at my own pace and have 6 months to complete it so it's more of a "free time" kinda thing than a major weight on my already heavy school workload. I was just getting really frustrated with my current situation, I'm literally trapped at Starbucks working full time right now, which is preventing me from pursuing more of my dog training stuff, and I feel like I'm being held back and making NO progress. I've been wanting to cut my hours in half for two months and all I get is "we have to hire more people first" which I get but it's at the cost of my future career which is not okay with me.

Today I have the day off, so I am running errands, doing homework, and meeting a lady later about dogsitting her 11 year old goldendoodle. Later, I will have dinner with BF, watch TGIT, and watch our first scary movie of the month! I haven't decided which it will be yet, I'm leaning towards The Ring, BF hates scary movies so this one isn't too bad and he knows what its about already so it'll ease him in lol. Unfortunately as of today A Nightmare on Elm Street is no longer on Netflix, along with the Exorcist :( so I will have to rent those on Amazon Prime or something because they are MUST SEES.

BTW, does anyone know how to get rid of fruit flies?? They're in my bedroom and idk where they came from (I think they showed up in my latest batch of hay for my rabbit!) and how to get rid of them but they are INFURIATING and I'm losing my mind.

What I'm thankful for:

Getting a full nights sleep tonight, usually I wake up a few times a night but last night I was sleeping like a baby!

BF, who will be tolerating my scary movies all month even though he doesn't like them and it will probably give him nightmares.

My boss for giving me the days off that I want even though what I really want is to be part time but I'll take what I can get.

My kitty and bunny, they're my babies and I don't care what they put me through because I love them and I love spending money on them and I can't wait for their new doggie brother or sister to arrive so I can be totally broke :P
  • Options
    @untouchablets - Fill a bowl with either beer or water+sugar+dish soap.  The sugar will attract them and they'll drown.  Besides that, you need to just do a clean in the area - vacuum and wipe down with water+vinegar.
  • Options
    @twodimes hahahaa that is exactly what I did when I got home too -- he was surprised I considered sharing food.
  • Options
    @twodimes get a furminator for shedding! With all the animals in the house (including to VERY FLUFFY DOGS) we always have hair everywhere, and it helps so much.

@goldenpenguin sorry you're not feeling well!

@futuremrshistorian yay on getting your credit card bills tidied up! It's easy to get overwhelmed for sure. You've got this!
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 - Mouth kisses :o*

@TwoDimes - It was 53 when I left for work and the high is 65.

@futuremrshistorian - I failed until I got the BeachWaver. It's amazing! 

@GoldenPenguin - I vote you stay home and rest tonight but that's because I'm selfish and I want to watch Grey's with you via FT or text at 8. 

@untouchablets - The 2 pairs that I bought from Charlotte Russe a while ago (I posted about them at the time) are awesome. I thought they'd be uncomfortable because they were pretty cheap but they're not at all. I wore them all over Cape Town last month and all day Saturday in Salem. 

@speakeasy14 - Holy amazingly delicious meal! I'm drooling! 

• Options
    @swazzle - I love the new hairs!!

I'm wearing my new aztec sweater (this one), skinny jeans, and my booties. I love today's outfit and that it was chilly enough to wear it! Tonight will be BA Spiced turkey and chickpeas for dinner, and catching up on some shows.

We were supposed to go to Richmond this weekend to see my sis+family and for my friend's 40th birthday party, but with hurricane Joaqin, we're seriously thinking about bunkering down at home. Especially considering the water that got into our basement the other night, we might have a lot of work to do. We're keeping a close eye on the weather.

I'm thankful for cute new clothes to wear. 
    I'm thankful for NEY introducing me to so many wonderful people.
    I'm thankful for the Crossfit box that I go to. They are so encouraging and fun to be around. It makes working out something to look forward to!
    I'm thankful for F+F, especially today... National Black Dog Day :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @beachyone15 - Thanks! 

@cu97tiger - Love that cardigan! I hope the hurricane is all hype and you guys are safe and have no damage!

• Options
    @beachyone15 The first week I was miserable, but nothing unbearable.   I had metal braces as a kid, and the discomfort I had the first week was nowhere near the pain metal braces caused. Now I don't even notice them.  I can tell which teeth are moving because they will be extra sensitive, but I can eat anything I want without issue.  They're just clear liners and you change them every two weeks.  My dentist gives me 5 sets at a time, so that I don't have to constantly go to the office. The only headache is that you have to take them out every time you eat or drink and have to immediately floss and brush before you put them back in. 
  • Options
    @beachyone15 whoo payday!! glad the headache is gone :) those are awful :(
  • Options
    @beachyone15 - I have 4 classes with 30 students in one and 20 in each of the other three.  So, it's not a huge amount of students.  (Last year while I was finishing up my PhD I was teaching at that institution and had 140 students...luckily I had 2 awesome TAs to help me split up the grading for that course.)  Where I'm drowning is that two of these classes I've never taught before, so I'm having to work them up essentially from scratch, which is stressful.

@Swazzle - I just started looking at them on Amazon...I may need to try that.  My hair is pretty long now, which I like, but if I just blow-dry it and straighten it there's not really any movement to it, and I have very little skill with a curling iron.  Plus I love the wavy look.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian - I got mine from Overstock and was able to use a coupon on it. I think I paid $85. 

• Options
    @cocobellaf I'm trying apple cider vinegar+dish soap first and if that doesn't work I'll try your method! I have been extra meticulous with cleaning since I found them and I have no idea where they are coming from. It HAS to be the hay, it's the only thing that has changed, I get a new box every two months. In the two years I've had my rabbit I've never had this problem so hopefully getting rid of the hay will take care of the problem. If not I have no clue what I'm gonna do!
  • Options
    @labro

Love Robert Downey Jr animated GIF

I'm also really happy for @southernpeach89 and her lil' nugget Callie.  I can't wait for the next group of NEYrs to populate from this group.  :)
  • Options
    @Minskat30 - One of my oldest friends has Celiac, and my nephew has so many food allergies he usually can't eat anything unless it's prepared by someone who knows all about them.  I think you are perfectly justified in ranting about fake gluten-free stuff!  Also, we share the same opinion on cheese.

Along the food lines, I have to add something I'm thankful for...

I'm thankful for whoever left a cake in the break room.  Because...cake.
  • Options
    @minskat30 - I didn't know you had celiac! Two of my cousins have it and they have to be so careful about what they eat and how their food is prepared. I definitely made sure that they were able to have a full meal at our wedding!
    H and I just used our juicer the other day and we like it. We've only tried a few different things. Mixing strawberries, bananas, mangos, and pineapples is delicious. We also bought 2 bags of oranges to make fresh oj this weekend. I've discovered I'm not a fan of watermelon juiced though. I like to eat it better. I've been wanting to try some green smoothies too!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @minskat30 that is ridiculous, wth is gluten friendly?! I did a quick google search and it seems a lot of places use this term, but their food is not gluten free! How is that ok? Good thing you knew to research before you took a bite.  -- Also, of course I consider you and everyone else here my friends. I probably know more about you than I do most of my friends who I've met in person. 

@labro so glad @southernpeach89 and Callie are doing well! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards