Louisiana-New Orleans

nov. outdoor ceremony

I want to have an outdoor ceremony first week of nov. is this a bad idea in new Orleans? I know oct. is the driest month in new Orleans but there no availability for oct.

Re: nov. outdoor ceremony

• Rain won't really be an issue, and while it'll be cooling down a bit, as long as your guests have jackets etc. they should be fine.  I was in NOLA on halloween last year, and walked around to several outdoor ceremony sites to check them out - and everyone was having weddings!  It's also a plus that it's cool enough to use venues that have outdoor-only space (Pharmacy Museum, Hermann-Grima, Ursuline Academy, etc.)
  • No the weather should be great
  • Our wedding was November 13 and the weather was absolutely PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for better weather. Not too cold, not too hot and no rain!

However, the weekend before was terrible weather!
  • We got married on Nov 7th this year and it POURED POURED POURED rain, like sheets of rain that didn't stop all night. I was disappointed we didn't get to use the outdoor wedding ceremony space at our venue, but SO thankful they had a tent and indoor space for the reception. Make sure you have a backup plan! It stormed terribly the weekend before too (Oct 31/Nov 1) so good weather is not a certainty in October and November like everyone tells you it will be. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards