New York-Long Island

Looking for ceremony/reception venue for 60 ppl!

Hi, we are on a ~ 100 pp budget and looking for an offbeat venue to hold a wedding of ~ 60ppl. Willing to go about 1-1.5 hrs outside New York City. I like a more offbeat type of location, ie waterside, wineries, barns etc. We are planning a May 2010 wedding, and I still havent found anything. Its either very $$$ like Blue Hill upstate or very tired ( I dont like all the crystal and velvet decor of catering halls). Please help if you can! Much appreciated :)Kat

Re: Looking for ceremony/reception venue for 60 ppl!

• zennie415zennie415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bailey Arboretum - where we got married.  LattingtownFoundry - Long Island CityNassau County Farm Museum
  • scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you've found a place yet but I second the Riveria. My friend got married there and it was very nice, definitely different from other places I've been. Also, I know that they gave her some very good deals price-wise, additional time on cocktail hour, etc. Good luck!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bailey is not taking parties any more. They are doing rennovations and cannot guarantee they'll be done in the next year. Booo! It sounded wonderful!
  • sunflwrbridesunflwrbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should give Old Field Club in Setauket a try. I visited them a while ago and will be reserving my date soon. They are willing to work with you on price and the venue is very intimate yet not cramped. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards