Massachusetts-Boston

Anyone buy a JCrew wedding dress?

Hi everyone,

I'm a new bride to be, and will be getting married next April. Planning a late morning ceremony and a brunch reception in Sailsbury, MA.

I saw a JCrew (Percy Gown) that I'm thinking of purchasing. I would have to go to NYC to a JCrew store to try on sample gowns.

Has anyone brought or thinking of purchasing a JCrew gown? I would like to know the quality of the material and your overall experience in buying from this store.

Thanks in advance for your response! Lydia

Re: Anyone buy a JCrew wedding dress?

• You might try cross-posting this on the Attire & Accessories board as well. Just be sure to put "XP" in your post title on that board so people are aware you have posted the same question on multiple boards.

Good luck!
  • I bought a JCrew dress- the Sabine (its not carried currently). I think that the quality and simplicity of the material was amazing. Nothing else I saw compared to it and I would highly recommend them!

Also, they allow regular old no question returns so I was unsure about sizing so I ordered a 4, which was way too big so I just returned at a regular old Jcrew store in my local mall. I then ordered a 2, which came in and was still a little loose, so I didn't return it right away and ordered a 0, then brought both of them to my seamstress to see what would be easier to do: taking in the 2 or letting out the 0. Once we decided, I then drove the other one down the road to my local Jcrew store and returned it again. 

Haha, so no NEED to go to NYC because you could just order and return as needed!
  • Thanks Sparklepants and Knottie144286...

Both responses were very helpful. 

In addition to your response other online brides who wore a Jcrew gown had similar reviews.

One more question, does the gown have a built in bra?

Thanks again, Lydia

• Hi Lydia,
    My younger sister had a JCrew wedding dress and loved it.  I don't believe hers had a built-in bra but this was from 2012 so things might've changed.  

Be sure to call customer service and let them know what you're doing; the rep should be able to answer your questions about the dress.  If you decide to order bridesmaids dresses from JCrew too you'll get a group discount and other helpful benefits but you have to the company know.

Good luck!

• First let me say I love your puppy! Thanks for your reply. I've already spoke to a JCrew wedding consultant and she said the dress does not have a built-in bra. I will be taking the dress if I purchase it and have a bra sewn in. I'm only having one attendant which will be my sister and I don't think she would like any of the JCrew bridesmaids dresses, it's not her style.  Again, thanks for your advice. Lydia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards