Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress shopping stories x

Hi guys, Found my dress today! Went to David's Bridal in London and had a wonderful experience; I got a Vera Wang for £875! It is the only store I've tried and I didn't expect to find it so quickly. I'd like to hear some of your stories; did you find your dress straight away or did it take ages?! How were your experiences?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress shopping stories x

• Options
    I am very indecisive, so I assumed it would take me forever, but I found it at the 2nd store (also David's). It wasn't at all the style I thought I wanted. I looked like a birthday cake in my "dream" dress.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I went  to DB last week for my second appointment. I think I tried on just about all the dresses they have in my size.  I didn't love any of them but the one my mom liked the most was discontinued and on sale.  I rang the bell thinking I wanted the dress my mom favored but then I couldn't find my debit card. On my way home  to get my debit card, I looked at the pictures my mom took of me in the dress and  I thought I looked so dated.  So I am going for my third appointment and very likely going to be  purchasing a Galina dress with the swiss dots and matching veil. Unless the salesperson can find something else for me. I just want to find something I love.  
  • Options
    I knew I would take a while because I am indecisive with decisions like that. I really wanted something from the $99 sale at DB because I didn't want to spend a lot but of course it wasn't going on any time around when I was looking. I found 1 I really liked but wanted my best friend to see it before purchasing so had another appointment a few weeks later. She liked that one but then I also found another I liked and was torn. Had 2 more appointments that day and mom and friend both liked a different one and I did too but price was a little higher than I wanted, not to mention I couldn't take pictures there and I knew I needed to think about it. Decided to keep thinking and a few weeks later found the DB dress I'd liked best on preownedweddingdresses . com in my size and it had already been altered to floor length (which is that I wanted). It seemed like fate and I was able to get it for $75 + shipping.  score!
  • Options
    I went to David's and AA the first day.  I hated everything.  I got so stressed that I was crying at 3 am because I was afraid I wasn't going to find anything.  Went to my third store the next day and after about 8 dresses found my dress.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards