Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Chapel of Flowers??

Re: Chapel of Flowers??

• Options
    I know 3 people who got married there and they all have amazing reviews.
  • Options
    We visited there in September.  We were extremely unimpressed.  Robin showed us around, and she was actively dismissive and rude.  I tried to ask a question at one point, and she walked out the door instead of answering.  The whole facility feels like a badly staged apartment, with the majority of the pictures to take place in the parking lot.  For an elopement, maybe it's fine, but I would certainly not suggest it as a place to bring guests.
  • Options
    ggmoreggmore member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2015
    Oh thank you .. Both comments were very helpful.. KatCtoKatA do you have any other chapel recommendations?
  • Options
    Our top three were Cosmopolitan, Tropicana and The Grove.  All very different feeling locations, and none of them an actual chapel.  We were basically out to avoid a "chapel" feel, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be if that's the look you are aiming for.  I just was so offended with how the Chapel of the Flowers acted, that I wouldn't wish it on anyone else!
  • Options
    I've got a bunch of CoTF reviews on my site at http://www.vegasgroom.com/Chapel-of-The-Flowers_24.html

A frequent complaint about them is the restrictive policies; i.e. no third party photogs, expensive photography options that aren't that good to begin with, etc.  From what I've ever read though, most of the things people complain about are clearly outlined in their policies, contract and website, so most unexpected issues probably could have been avoided if people had read to begin with.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options

A frequent complaint about them is the restrictive policies; i.e. no third party photogs, expensive photography options that aren't that good to begin with, etc.  

During our tour, Robin was bragging about how amazing everyone thought their photography was. I think I failed to mask the skepticism I had about that.... Maybe that's why she was so rude!

• Options
    I guess I can add that one friend, a coworker who got married there in July, showed me her pictures....they weren't the greatest, in my opinion. When I commented up ^^ there, I was speaking merely on their opinion of their experience.
    When I looked into it, before we decided on the Office of Civil Marriages, and knowing what I know now, I would choose another option with my choice of photographer. There are enough photographers who are reasonably priced that have shorter packages (like Bently & Wilson).
  • Options
    I don't have personal experience using them, but they were at the top of my list for a ceremony venue. I found this video tour really helpful https://youtu.be/7zcsWFYcYbM. I ended up not going with them because I didn't like how any of the chapels looked and all of the outdoor spaces seemed to be really close to the driveway/parking lot. The guy actually mentioned trying to drown out traffic noise a couple of times.
  • Options
    I was married at CoF and couldn't of been happier. I was torn between CoF and 702weddings and went with CoF because of their more elegant look. This was almost 5 years ago so it is possible things have changed but I would do it all over again.

• Options
    I just booked with COF and the woman I spoke to Tiffany was extremely helpful before I booked and Robin's my planner. She called me to,touch base and confirm some plans, she was never dismissive or rude. If Icould change it Is like to,being in my own photographer, or at least allow guests to take pictures, but I knew about that policy from the beginning. I've seen meh pictures and great pictures from them.

I love in Texas, so booking anything is gonna be a crapshoot for me. This way, I have less to deal with.

• Options

This was one of my top choices when viewing their website.  But, my opinion really changed strongly once I actually was at the location.  I stand by my above review.  They hustled us in and out of the property in less than 5 minutes.  Robin wasn't interested in answering any of my questions, but was very interested in bragging about their photography packages, which IMO are below average in basically every way. 

I wanted to use the outdoor space, with the rocks and the pretty gates, but when I got there I discovered that it was essentially a blocked off chunk of the parking lot.  Asphalt floor and all.  You could clearly hear the idling limos while you were in the "chapel."

I also live in Texas, so I'm really glad we got to go up and check places out for ourselves.  It turned out the two options that looked the best online, were total non-starters once we got there and looked around.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards