Not Engaged Yet

Catch-up Tuesday

Re: Catch-up Tuesday

• Just popping in to say hi. We had a horrible weekend. My grandma passed away on Sunday. I've been trying to finish things up at work to take leave tomorrow-Friday for the funeral. It's going to be really tough since she practically raised me and my brother, but she was 98 and lived a long life that was full of love. I did read everyone's posts and hope you all have a good week. I'll try to pop in maybe this weekend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @beachyone15 sorry for your loss. 98 is incredible though! Focus on the happy and funny stories. And sending hugs your way
  • I'm so sorry @beachyone15 - My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.  
  • @beachyone15 - I am so, so sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts <3

• @beachyone15 - I am so sorry for your loss.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Thanks very much, everyone. It's been a difficult last few weeks with the water damage from our dishwasher, my grandma's passing, and we are extra tight on funds. H and I are still planning to take our anniversary trip though next week (to the Great Smoky Mts) so hopefully we'll get to relax a bit. If we didn't need this trip before, we definitely do now!

• beachyone15 - I'm so sorry for your loss. Regardless of how old she was, I know you'll feel her absence. <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Methinks today is going to be very unproductive. As soon as I got out of my meeting, I was chatting with my boss about some personal stuff going on in her life. I just looked down and realized it's almost noon, and allegedly the shower is going to be after lunch. One day I'll get work done...

Thinking about the wedding and the showers and all these fun yet stressful events has me very nervously excited. The butterflies are so bad I sometimes feel nauseated. It's definitely not anxiety, just so much anticipation and excitement building. I gotta get myself under control!

@speakeasy14 I felt the same way about him taking over. He wouldn't even let me weigh in on the design of the seating chart itself. He was like, "I got this! It's my project! Go watch One Tree Hill!" Very sweet of him, indeed. :)

@futuremrshistorian Ohhh power naps at work sound nice! 

@AlPacina Oh man, Degrassi... so much nostalgia there! Drake will always be Jimmy to me. 

@500days OMG CIDER DONUTS! *drools* I love fall food. And yes, RSVP stragglers are seriously testing my patience and simultaneously making me feel really guilty. I understand they want to be special snowflakes, but if I let them be special snowflakes, I have to let everyone be special snowflakes, and I just can't accommodate that. *sigh* 

@cu97tiger Your cop story would have given me a heart attack. OMG. I'm so glad she was understanding and nice about it! I would have peed my pants.

@beachyone15 I am so sorry for your loss! :(

• @beanbot2002 YOU ARE SO CLOSE! OMG! Happy shower and bachelorette week!!!! So exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful weekend. Enjoy every minute of it! <3

• @beachyone15 I'm so sorry. Sending you warmth and light!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beachyone15 - I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I am sending you huge internet hugs. There really has been a lot of shit thrown your way lately, but that trip sounds like a perfect way to relax, reflect, and remember (alliteration not intentional). *HUG*

• edited October 2015
    @swazzle, is this the apple butter recipe? Looks good! Also I want those kitty shoes and it makes me sad that they're $500.

@cocobellaf, can't wait for pictures! Glad you had such a good time!

@wink0erin, at least there was food and booze.

@eilis1228, congrats on the new business cards and have fun at your "surprise" shower!

@beachyone15, so many hugs to you. I am so sorry for your loss.

@beanbot2002, congrats to Bean, glad your meniscus is not torn, and have fun at your bridal shower and bachelorette party!
    ---
    Not much new since last night. I thought about staying super-late at work and doing all my accounting for the week, but I looked at my calendar and I have a test next Wednesday. Probably shouldn't cram all of it into one day. I'll do some tonight and some Thursday instead, and H and I will move "The Martian" to Saturday (we were going to go tonight, but it'll be tough to make it now). 

Knitted. Watched MNF. Dealt with my university's alumni foundation - that was annoying, who the hell cold-calls anymore? 
  • @KeptinStitches - Modcloth usually has at least 2 or 3 pairs of kitty shoes that are cheaper than $500.  My brother's fiancée has a pair from there she's planning on wearing with her wedding dress. (They LOVE Cats.  And Star Wars.)
  • @beachyone15 I'm so very sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a really special person. I'm sending you and your family a ton of hugs right now!

• @futuremrshistorian, thanks for the tip! It led to a shopping session and I'm getting these when I get home because screw practicality, I love kitties!
  • @KeptinStitches - Those are super cute...and I do not like cats.  Well, I like one cat.  His name is Mumford and he belongs to one of my sisters.  But mostly I like him because he acts like a dog.
  • @beanbot2002 - 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!

@KeptInStitches - That's the one! It makes me sad toooooo. 

@futuremrshistorian - But those aren't Charlotte Olympia and I doubt they have a beautiful gold heel!  :(

• @beachyone15 So sorry for your loss <3

@eilis1228 ahaha every once in a while when I hear Drake on the radio I picture him in a wheelchair as Jimmy. He will always be Jimmy!

Just catching up on what's going on while I'm on my lunch break. I've been busy at work and I have nothing interesting to talk about!

• @Swazzle - I know, I know.  You're not the first person to think that...I come from a cat (well...an animal) family.  Over the course of my childhood we had...lots (Fat Cat, Frisky, Cookie, Yoda, Pumpkin, Abigail, Pepper, Valjean, and Kitty).  My sister and BIL and nephew have one (Rhubarb).  My other sister and BIL have 2 (Mumford and Toothless).  But they make me sneeze and I hate litter boxes.

Also I know I didn't have to share all the names of my family's cats, but I'm pretty impressed with the variety we've got going on.  We also had dogs (Tom, Zig-Zag, Cinnamon, Ellie, and Smudge), a guinea pig, some birds, and a troop of little mice that met an unfortunate end when my mother accidentally suffocated them...
  • Ok, new plan: I'm getting the super-cute shoes and shoe grips so I don't die. I tried to step back to grab a door for someone and wiped out on a tile floor. I'm fine, but I refuse to look that stupid again.
  • @TwoDimes did you notice that our own marriages have been longer than Kim K and Kris Humpheries :')
  • @keptinstitches the stick on toe grips are life savers! 

@futuremrshistorian hahaha we've had a large variety of pet names too.

• Also I know I didn't have to share all the names of my family's cats, but I'm pretty impressed with the variety we've got going on.  We also had dogs (Tom, Zig-Zag, Cinnamon, Ellie, and Smudge), a guinea pig, some birds, and a troop of little mice that met an unfortunate end when my mother accidentally suffocated them...

@futuremrshistorian - Omg, that's so sad! She must have felt terrible too. :( My dad accidentally ran over my new kitten when I was a pre-teen. I didn't blame him, I just told him accidents happen. I was pretty cool about it all, for an over-dramatic angsty kid. I think I just knew he felt worse about it than I did.

And then there was the one time as a liiiiiiitle kid that my sister and I got all pumped to go outside to see all our new baby rabbits.............. and the mother had murdered them. In a very bloody fashion.

• Well damn..........

I guess my shitty story made everyone leave!

Come on guys! I'm freakin bored.

I was trying to think up a new game. Would anyone be interested in a take-home activity? I was maybe thinking scavenger hunt. I'll make up some categories, and everyone has to take pictures of something that fits each clue/category. We can post them the next day and then vote on our favorites?

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    hahaha @alpacina yeah rabbits are nasty creatures! We went through three litters before we learned our lesson. -- and by learned I mean, that we stopped getting bunnies.

The scavenger hunt sounds awesome!
  • Ha! Your post did make me 

I like that idea of the game though!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards