Not Engaged Yet

A big (but little) AW

minskat30minskat30 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited October 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Ok, I can't keep it in anymore, guys. I know its early (really early) but if anything bad happened I'd tell you all anyways and I'm anxious as hell and need you guys as my sounding board (especially given our trip coming up to India...dengue fever outbreak in Dehli is stressing me out).  

I have some amazingly happy news... H and I are almost 2 months pregnant (well, I am...he's just along for the hormonal hell-ride that is me right now).  Doctor appointment is next week and we are hopeful we can see the little nugget's heartbeat.  I've peed on so many sticks I would rival Carrie from Homeland. I have a drawer in my bathroom just like this guys...

Though I gleefully add to the pile instead of reluctantly like Carrie.

The day I found out I wasn't sure I honestly saw a second line so I bought a bunch of tests, waited until the afternoon and saw a faint but second line.  H got to come home to this little attached scene (pic below at the end of this loooong AW) with a note that we'd be cooking for one more.  He isn't overly emotional but I don't think I've ever seen him so happy/confused/excited rolled up into one.  

So far, I've gained a little weight eating the same calories as pre-pregnancy so my body is doing something, my boobs feel like growing rocks and cheese (yes the all sacred cheese of my life) is making me nauseous even though I'm not throwing up and didn't really expect to since I haven't puked since age 6. I can't and wouldn't complain though.  After all..

I've never been happier, more emotional, excited, scared and all over the place.  Just wanted to share the good news.  Now H knows, you guys know, my mom/sister, H's mom/brother and my best friend.  I'll wait to tell our other friends/family until we pass the first trimester (hopefully) safely.  

As to our April Chicago GTG, if all goes well, I'll be huge at that point but unless the doctor orders otherwise and so long as you all can navigate around my hopefully huge belly at that point I still plan to be there and I'll be easy to spot as this will be me...

pregnant and flawless

Rajah has zero clue so either he's a dumby dumb or that thing about pets knowing you are pregnant isn't true by the way.  He's just happy for all the extra love and cookies I'm giving him for now.  ;)

Re: A big (but little) AW

• YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• so exciting! :) congrats! I'm sure Raj will be a great big brother ;)
    that little bowl and whisk idea is so cute!! Funny I was just looking up pregnancy announcements this weekend and I gotta say, that's most original! :)

Congrats! I wish you a safe and healthy pregnancy!

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @goldenpenguin and @lavenderfields13 - THANK you.  H and I still can't believe it honestly.  

@MissKittyDanger - I wasn't planning on doing an announcement to H honestly but I had to wait until the afternoon to test anyway (and he wasn't going to be home until the evening). When I bought the tests I saw the little mini colinder/whisk at the store and thought it was fate given that we are both such foodies.  
  • OHMYGOD I HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @swazzle

@beanbot2002 - Thank you!  Very, very happy...and emotional...and hungry...pretty much all the things.  
  • Congrats!!!

• Yay!!!! Congratulations!!! 

That means you're going to be due close to my sister!!! 

imageimage
  • Aaaaahhh! I knew before I even clicked on it that the (but little) was going to be a baby!!!! That is so fantastic, congratulations!!!!!

• @speakeasy14 - I know!  I'm still hoping you can make the GTG too but being a good aunt is first priority obviously.  ;)

• OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! This is fantastic news! This will be you in Chicago:

• @eilis1228 - I know...

Break dancing baby coming our way.  
  • Congratulations and wishing you the smoothest, healthiest and most uneventful next 7'ish months!!  <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Congrats!  I'm very happy for you and your H.  
  • Congratulations!
  • @minskat30 OMG YAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had this feeling when I read the title of your thread that this could be THE announcement! I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR H! LIKE SERIOUSLY CRYING RIGHT NOW AND YES ALL CAPS ARE NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending every vibe I have for a healthy and easy pregnancy!!!! EEEEE BABY MINSKAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• OMG congratulations!!!!!! I'm so happy and excited for you! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy! I don't think Maddux knew I was pregnant but I think he knew something was going on because he wouldn't leave me alone. It was cute. Keep us updated on your appointment! Hearing that heartbeat for the first time is like nothing else! It's so amazing!
  • @minskat30 - OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited for you!!  You're due about a month after my sister.  It's going to be a baby spring on NEY!
  • @minskat30 - OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited for you!!  You're due about a month after my sister.  It's going to be a baby spring on NEY!
    Thank you!  When is your sister due?  How exciting!  
  • @TwoDimes - Ha!  You mean this one?

• Just because I thought of this now ... MinsKitten! :)
  • @minskat30 - Beginning of March...so maybe about 2 months after, actually.  (For some reason I was thinking in my head that she was due at the beginning of April, but that's not true, she's due March 5.  Braining is hard.)
  • minskat30 said:
    Just because I thought of this now ... MinsKitten! :)
    Alas, it cannot be...Rajah would object. And he came first after all.  ;)

Oh that's true .... baby minskat30 needs a nickname that Raj would accept :)
  • Just because I thought of this now ... MinsKitten! :)
    I really love this as a nickname for your baby on the board though. I'm using it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards