Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited October 2015 in Wedding Woes
I wish I felt better that it was Friday, but I have to work tomorrow. At least I'll be off work a week after that. I almost overslept this morning because I turned off my alarm.  Thankfully DefConn came in to snuggle and I looked at my phone and was all, "Oh! Time to get up!"

It's my work-aversary today.  15 years of living the dream.  When you receive a prize or gift from work that's more than $25, they apply it to your income for tax purposes...even if the company pays the taxes.  I received an ADP notification two weeks ago for my anniversary gift, but I haven't received a follow-up catalog or website where to pick out said gift.  I need to ask my boss about it. 

DH and I got a stupid tiff last night and turns out we were both wrong about what happened that led to the argument. 

And my mom of the year moment from this morning, my dome lights were on and I could not turn them off.  So I'm driving in the dark, mashing buttons, on the bluetooth with DH blaming him/the kids for the issue and I say, "OMG, I hate this car and it's bullshit.  I wish it would DIAF!"  We get to daycare and I got to get DefConn out of the car and he starts crying because he doesn't want the car to 'get on fire!'.   

I fixed the issue.  IDK WTF happened, but at least my car isn't going to run down the battery in my driveway. 

Also, DefConn was a little whiny this morning and told me that he needed more sleep.  I was tempted to throw him in my bed and sack out for a few and say, 'screw work'.  (and I should have because people are working all the nerves today).  

And I almost forgot my PTO bid appt.  Thankfully, the person hit me up and asked if I was bidding.

Yeah, I need a do-over.  T-minus 14 work hours until staycation starts.  

Re: Friday

• Options
    It's not a great start here either. I have to finish packing my go bag for the weekend. DS is picking me up to drive me to work so DH and neice can pick me up at noon to head out to Sedona. I have a ton to do before I leave and in tired thinking about it but there's no avoiding it. Office manager is out, associate is out and boss is out until about when I leave. I can't even goof off in peace with an empty office.
  • Options
    Happy workaversary, mrs.conn!

You are I are on parallel tracks with Mom of the Year today.  We heard a whole bunch of coyotes last night.  While I was trying to herd the kids to the bus stop, the door was wide open for way too long, and the cat got out.  NBD, she's an indoor cat but a former stray, so she can handle herself outside.  I tried to persuade her to get back in, she wasn't having it, so I said "Fine, I hope a coyote doesn't eat you before I get back."

Wrong move.  Wooz was like "Mommy, I really don't think you should leave her out!"  Me:  "Enh, it's five minutes, she's not going anywhere, it'll be fine."  "But the coyotes!"  Me and my big mouth.  Sure enough, we got back from the bus stop and the cat was on the porch, looking at us like "WTF took you so long?  And what about breakfast?"

Also, my Bluetooth in the car was randomly "not working" and I was very WTH about it.  Until I realized my phone was set to the BT headset, not the car BT.  It took me a week to figure out the problem, and three seconds to fix it.  :/

Also-also, earlier this week, I fell back to sleep after the alarm (which happens maybe once a year), and Wooz saved me when she marched in and said "I'm ready to go and it's ten minutes 'til bus time--can I have the iPad?"  I kissed her like seven times as I flew around getting dressed.

So, basically twins.  :)

Tomorrow is going to be busy, I just finished sketching out a schedule.  Get up, feed kids, start laundry, put some four bean chicken chili in the crock pot, take Wooz to her riding lesson, go straight from there to lunch near the pumpkin farm, hit the farm and get our pumpkins (plus they have slides and a petting zoo and stuff that the kids love), then drive straight from there to Wooz's swim class.  Normally I might blow off swim, but she's graduating to the next level tomorrow, and they have a little ceremony where they give them their patch and certificate and take a photo and everything.  She worked really hard on this one, so I want her to have the hoopla.  Then we finally go stumbling home, eat the crockpot chili, and crash on the sofa with Aladdin. 

(We started Aladdin last night, and DS was very serious:  every time Jafar came on screen, DS shouted "Not nice!"  But apparently Jasmine's father was "nice."  No verdict on Aladdin, Jasmine, the Genie, etc.  Though he was super excited about Rajah and kept yelling "Ty-er, ty-er!"

Sunday:  nothing. Maybe a playground, but that's it.  Play outside, build with Legos, and relax.
  • Options
    I have to bake 2 lasagnas tonight.  We were supposed to have dinner with my parents, but I think I'll have to cancel that.  I have a retreat this weekend that I was looking forward to and now I'm not.  I'm just worn out.
  • Options
    DD2 and I went to target this morning.  We walked the store as we usually do and realized at checkout I only had a handful of items.  Less than $14.  I guess we didn't need anything?

It's supposed to freeze overnight.  This should make for a fun soccer game in the morning.

We don't really have plans for the weekend aside from going to my aunt's no-more-cancer party and watching the cubs game.  I need to keep going on halloween costumes.
  • Options

FI and I caught up on some TV shows last night. But other than that, nothing really new. Tonight I'm going to make a butternut squash soup for dinner I think. Its either that or burgers, I haven't decided yet.

Tomorrow, my mom, FI and I are doing the local Breast Cancer Walk. My mom is a breast cancer survivor of less that a year and both my maternal and paternal grandmothers past away from it. So it is a big deal in my family.

FI and I were suppose to do the Zombie Pub Crawl tomorrow night, but FI still isn't feeling well, so it looks like scary movies for the night. We did the pub crawl for the past 2 years and had so much fun. Guess we will do it next year before the wedding haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tawillers said:
    DD2 and I went to target this morning.  We walked the store as we usually do and realized at checkout I only had a handful of items.  Less than $14.  I guess we didn't need anything?

That must be some sort of record. *claps*
  • Options

I got a 20% raise AND they are giving me more hours!  I was just about to ask for a raise (an even smaller one) and they surprised me with this.  I feel like a high roller now.

We're going to the Miami v OSU hockey game tonight.

We also found out today that they're permanently closing the papermill.  It makes me sick to think about those poor people.  Some employees will be ok, but others not so much.  This is going to be a huge blow to the whole town really.

• Options
    Congratulations, 6! 

Sorry to hear of the paper mill closing.  I've lived in a paper mill town, this will have a huge impact.

I have a short day today and am glad.  I'm not hitting on all cylinders and just need to go home.  It's been an interesting day.  I left home without my coffee.  Then on my commute a woman got on the bus drunk at 6:30 AM.  She was having an entertaining conversation with herself and anyone else she could engage.  Everyone was concentrating on their phones and trying not to make eye contact.  

Not much going on for the weekend.  Hoping for time to relax and regroup!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards