Just Engaged and Proposals

What was your biggest challenge with planning your wedding?

I'm curious what everyone's biggest challenge or question is/was when you first started planning your wedding?

Re: What was your biggest challenge with planning your wedding?

• My biggest challenge was having to change venues 6 months out.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I didn't have any challenges planning the wedding itself.  Even though I planned the wedding from OOT.

The wedding day was a different story. A tropical storm hit on our beach wedding day.  Had to move the ceremony to under the tent.  The same tent that collapsed the morning of.   

It was all good because we had backup plans and good attitudes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Keeping my mother and my FMIL from killing each other.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Umm getting my FMIL involved. She didn't show up dress shopping so I'm I alottle bummed

Finding a photographer who is good but doesn't cost more than my venue

Picking brides maids. I got a text begging me to be in my wedding I'm only choosing two and not till January (wedding is next October) simmer down.
  • Budget and guest list.  Wanting to spend, spend, spend but knowing we had a budget for a reason.  Although our budget was generous, I still wanted to save some money, since whatever was left over was going into a travel fund for the future!

• Even having cancelling the wedding at about 35 days out and planning a whole new one, I'd say our biggest issue was my MIL. She's a prime example of how weddings bring out the worst in people. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Setting a guest list and budget. Once that was decided, everything else went really well. 

• Guest list and dealing with my sister.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards