Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the dates to guests

Hi there, I will be sending out the save the dates soon and had questions about etiquette with these. Most of the couples we're inviting live together. But what should I do for couples that don't live together, I.e. My cousin and her boyfriend. Can I send the save the date addressed to the both of them to her place? I doubt he would really care to have his own. Also, for family all living together, can I send one save the date addressed to the family or should I be sending one to the parents, and one to each kid, etc. Thoughts? Thanks for any help!

Re: Save the dates to guests

• STDs should be sent to only those people you are absolutely sure you'll be inviting. You don't have to send one to everyone on your guest list. 

You may send the STD to your cousin's home.  There's no need to send her bf a seperate STD.

Anyone over 18 should recieve his own invitation. STDs are less formal than invitations so it should be fine to send one STD to a family, as long as everyone in the house is invited. 

• Hi there, I will be sending out the save the dates soon and had questions about etiquette with these. Most of the couples we're inviting live together. But what should I do for couples that don't live together, I.e. My cousin and her boyfriend. Can I send the save the date addressed to the both of them to her place? I doubt he would really care to have his own. Also, for family all living together, can I send one save the date addressed to the family or should I be sending one to the parents, and one to each kid, etc. Thoughts? Thanks for any help!
    Regarding couples that don't live together, send the save-the-date to the party you know best.  If ( for some reason) they split up before the wedding, you're not under obligation to invite the SO. 
  • Be very careful!  Do not send Save the Dates to anyone whom you are not 100% certain you will invite to your wedding!  Once you have sent a person an STD, you absolutely must send them an invitation later.
    Save the Dates are completely optional.  They are never required.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Be very careful!  Do not send Save the Dates to anyone whom you are not 100% certain you will invite to your wedding!  Once you have sent a person an STD, you absolutely must send them an invitation later.
    Save the Dates are completely optional.  They are never required.
    But they are considerate if you send to the ones you know you'll invite, especially if you're having a destination wedding or people have to fly. It allows them plenty of time to save up to buy plane tickets/hotel rooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards