New York-Long Island

New to The Knot

Hi all! I have already made a few posts, but I just read on the LI Knottie website that I should be introducing myself. I'm so new to all of this, I want to make sure I use the proper ettiquette. My fiance and I met on a blind date set up by mutual friends a little over 2 years ago, and have been together ever since. We got engaged on Feb. 12 over a romantic Valentine's Day dinner at Ruths Chris steakhouse. We are getting married on July 18th, 2010 at Chateau La Mer. We are having the ceremony at Chateau as well, outdoors on the bay providing there is good weather. I have a 3 year old son, and Jay has 3 boys, ages 3, 5 and 9, and we are really looking forward to celebrating with them on our special day. We have both kind of been through a lot relationship-wise, so we feel very blessed to have found eachother, and to be embarking on this amazing journey together. We recently bought our first house together, and we are enjoying decorating and making a home for our boys. I have been on a planning frenzy since the start of summer, and I think I have made some good progress. We have my gown, the hall, photo/video, flowers, DJ, and minister. We also have an idea of style and color for BM dresses, but I am totally stumped on tuxedos and limos. We are also undecided as to whether or not we will include all of our nieces and nephews in the wedding party. My mom passed away 10 years ago from pancreatic cancer, so we know we will be doing donations in lieu of traditional favors. I am currently looking for a way to make it a unique and special way to honor her. I am looking forward to getting advice/tips from all of the other lucky brides-to-be out there, and am hoping that maybe I will be able to contribute something that might be helpful to others. Happy planning to all and thanks for listening!
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New to The Knot

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards