Attire & Accessories Forum

too old for couture?

So, I'm getting married in March (woooo) and this week I have an appointment at Vera Wang here in Chicago.

but, my question is - I'm 38 years old now, i'll be 39 on my wedding day.  Is that too old to wear something like Vera Wang/Maggie Sottero/Vivien Westwood/etc? I don't want to be the weird old lady that's trying to dress way younger than she is. 

.... excuse me while i go get those pesky kids off my lawn. ;)

sincerely, 
THE OLD

Re: too old for couture?

• Not at all!  Like PP said, those designers have a wide variety of looks to choose from.  They certainly aren't only for the younger crowd.

• No, absolutely not. Clothes don't have age limits. Wear what makes you feel beautiful

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited October 2015
    What? Why? No! Who filled your head with such nonsense?

First of all, you're not even old! PPs nailed it - wear what makes you feel beautiful.

I scratch my head over the age limits we place in ourselves for wedding related activities. I honestly don't get it.

I totally agree with age appropriate dress in that my mom wouldn't wear a crop top and neither would my 5 year old niece but wedding couture? No way. Enjoy & happy shopping!
  • nope

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • What? Why? No! Who filled your head with such nonsense? First of all, you're not even old! PPs nailed it - wear what makes you feel beautiful. I scratch my head over the age limits we place in ourselves for wedding related activities. I honestly don't get it. I totally agree with age appropriate dress in that my mom wouldn't wear a crop top and neither would my 5 year old niece but wedding couture? No way. Enjoy & happy shopping!
    Agreed. A woman in her 30s too old for anything? Yeah, maybe too old to ride the child rides at amusement parks, but too old to wear what she wants on her wedding day? Hell no!
  • NEVER! You will look beautiful in anything! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards