Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Looking for Affordable Venue Like Foxhall

edited October 2015 in Georgia-Atlanta
Hi everyone! My fiancé and I recently toured Foxhall and absolutely loved it. We decided we wanted to book our wedding there. However, even after a 20% discount for choosing March we think it will be out of budget ($10-12k). I don't want to end up paying $5000 for just the venue when I haven't even looked at caterers, photographers, etc...

I'm looking to see if anyone has any recommendations on venues that have the same feel as Foxhall but won't be as expensive. I live in Miami right now but we have family in Marietta and Newnan. We've already looked at Dunaway Gardens, Vinewood Plantation, Che'ne, Newnan Centre, Agnes Scott and Something Special. And while those were nice, none of them gave us that wow feeling like Foxhall. We'd like to get married somewhere outside with an indoor reception but if we have to do the ceremony inside I'd like it to be just as pretty too.

We are planning to have between 75-100 guests. And we would like to do a Sunday May but are willing to consider other dates to save money.

Re: Looking for Affordable Venue Like Foxhall

• Options
    I haven't been to Foxhall, but I think the Chimneys at Big Canoe may be kind of similar. You could also try searching country clubs. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'll have to go check them out. Thank you!
  • Options
    Seconding Chimneys at Big Canoe. It is SO gorgeous!

The Alpharetta Athletic Club has a beautiful clubhouse that they use for weddings and it kind of reminds me of the photos Foxhall has on their website. It's a bit further north of Atlanta but still easy to get to from the airport.

Check out The Atrium in Norcross. They are owned by a company called Magic Moments and they have multiple sister venues in a similar price point.

• Options
    Talk of the Town manages the Chimneys and has several other venues worth checking out. Also, Callaway Gardens has several locations that are amazing. Rowell river landing is very affordable.
  • Options
    Try Berkeley Hills Country Club in Duluth for a 100 people with food and liquor it's $6000. I am having 75 guest and I am paying $4500. Also I found my videographer on groupon for less than $400 for 4 hours. My photographer I found on Instagram & worked out a deal for engagement pics & wedding pics.
  • Options
    My daughter got married at the Lodge at Big Canoe & my son is getting married there in June. We like it much better than the chimneys. Harder to get the info on it, Big Canoe POA. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards