Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Rant/brides beware: Nordstrom online orders

My whole bridal party tried on Donna Morgan dresses in Nordstrom and all ordered fresh/clean dresses in their size through the Nordstrom website.

One of my bridesmaids received a stained, damaged dress with pulls and tears at the bottom, along with oil smudges and what looked like a lipstick stain. The damage wasn't noticed until it was time to get the dress hemmed at our local Nordstrom. The seamstress there noticed all the stains and pulls and was horrified... she said the company had sent a damaged dress and that this has been happening.

So someone somewhere at Nordstrom thought it was all right to send a disgusting, damaged $240 dress to a paying customer. My bridesmaid had no choice but to return the dress and buy a new one. I spoke to Nordstrom about a discount on the new dress, and they said they couldn't do that. My bridesmaid would now have to go out of her way to this store to come back, pick up the new dress, have it hemmed, and then pick it back up. I asked if it would be possible to receive a complimentary hemming for my bridesmaid when the new dress came in, once again they said they couldn't do that. All they could really tell me was that it was lucky they were able to send a new dress in time for my wedding.

Absolute BS. This was a company once praised for their excellent customer service and high quality of clothing, and now I see it has totally gone downhill. I'm regretful for asking my bridal party to go through Nordstrom when they should have just gone through the Donna Morgan website and had a local tailor hem their gowns for much less.

Anyway, rant over. Just watch out for their online orders since it sounds like there's a chance some orders aren't of the highest quality. I'm lucky this all happened in enough time before my wedding. If my bridesmaid had gone for her hem this week, we would have been SOL.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Rant/brides beware: Nordstrom online orders

• Options
    I'm really shocked by this. My experience with Nordstrom's customer service has been fantastic. Call back and try to get a manager on the phone, and just keep trying to get a higher-up until they help you. Be the squeaky wheel. 
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    I'm shocked too.  I've always had amazing CS with Nordstrom..   I would go up the chain if I were you.  First to the GM of that store, then up to corporate if necessary.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    @climbingwife I was shocked too. I always thought they were one of those companies who would bend over backwards for you. I spoke to the store manager as well as someone from the company's customer service about this and neither of them offered me any help. My bridesmaid insisted that it was fine -- she didn't lose any money, just time -- but I was just so disappointed, and let the people I talked to know. I let them know that between my mother and my bridal party, thousands of dollars had been spent through the company for my wedding and that the very least they could do was include a free hemming, but they just kept turning me down. Ugh.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    If you can I would post about it on their Facebook, for some reason that has always been more productive than interactions with a companies CS lately.
  • Options
    Idk I think this is fine. She got a dress, didn't bother to check it, and when she did notice they provided a replacement. I'm sure they could ship it directly to her instead of having her come and pick it up if that's not convenient, that's standard practice, and then she could go ahead and have it hemmed at that lower cost local tailor she mentioned.

People wear stuff and return it, and sometimes things fall through the cracks. Replacing it is sufficient to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards