North Carolina-Outer Banks

Rant - Sanderling Spa

Hi there! I just got married on Friday and everything was wonderful except for my experience at the Sanderling Spa.  My sister and I had hair and make up appts with them and the woman who did my hair (can't remember her name but she's an older woman from Miami with an accent). She was rude, was NOT open to suggestions and argumentative with my sister.  She showed her pictures of hair styles and proceeded to do something totally different than the picture. When my sister told her she didn't like it she proceeded to argue with us about how it "looks like the picture" and it certainly DID NOT! We paid over $300 for hair and make up and left there and had to add/enhance our make up and a friend TOTALLY re-did my sister's hair.  It wasn't worth fighting with the stylist because she was not open for discussion. We left and my blood was boiling!  I wish I had researched better when making my decision for our appointment.  I wanted to put it out there for anyone else who was looking for suggestions.  I would not recommend them at all.

Re: Rant - Sanderling Spa

• cf389cf389 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for this, I know who not to go to now. Sorry you had such a bad experience. I am terrified of this myself
  • FYI - this is one person's feelings. I, along with my 3 members of the wedding party, mom and mil had their hair done at the Sanderling with fantastic results.

This poster was also never active on the boards. Typically people are unhappy with their hair because they have selected a style that won't work for their hair type. Before traveling to the Outer Banks I met with my stylist at home who has cut my hair for close to 10 years to discuss what would work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agree with ksj. Several brides have been extremely happy with their services and they are always highly recommended.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards